• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What trigger to put in Dpms 308

Re: What trigger to put in Dpms 308

Way to many choices out there. You need to specify what you plan to use the rifle for/pull weight desired/single or two stage....

I am new to upgrading guns with any thing but I have a Savage rifle with an accutrigger and I really like it, so something comparable would probably be good.

I'd also recommend the JP. If you follow the instructions you end up with a very nice single stage trigger in the 3 lb range. It's in my DPMS 308 along with a few AR's.

I have the RR 2 stage in a couple of guns. The JP, Jewel, McCormack, Wilson, Geliesse(sp) all are so much better than the stock trigger you have now.
Just decide on single or two stage and what pull weight you want the place an order.

I saw a few RR on GB last week for $80 nib.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">rock river 2 stage match, about $100 </div></div>

Yep, thats my choice as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">rock river 2 stage match, about $100 </div></div>

Yep, thats my choice as well. </div></div>
I had a two stage rock river and it failed after 500 rounds sent it back they replaced the springs and I sold it after testing function. I just didn't care for the two stage, I like running single stage triggers that break right at 3 lbs but this all depends on the shooter and their needs.

I just pulled my RRA 2 stage and installed a Giessele Super Dynamic 3 Gun trigger, SD-3G.
- Much cleaner break and consistent pull for target practice, maybe not for all applications - but I like it and will probably swap in other rifles as well, after I see how it holds up.

POF T.I.T.S., AR GOLD, Giessele, Timney, Wilson, and Rock River
are in my builds right now, but only the Timney and RR have over 1000 rds thru them--each is for a different type of upper build
so all have their purpose---no AR10'S so you will have to decide
and research which mfrs offer in your format

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedgoat_ Junkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Strange days I hate to sound like a dumba#$ but can you explain the difference between two stage and single stage triggers? </div></div>
A single stage is a trigger that only has one pull weight the break the hammer free. A two stage has the first stage which has a slight heavier pull then breaks clean at a lower weight and from that point on the trigger shoots at the lighter weight until the shooter stops shooting. This is to make the gun more safe or so I have been told, truth is the gun and its trigger have nothing to do with being safe or not. Its always the person who holds it.

If you have not heard of the new Geissele Super Dynamic series line of triggers than I would highly suggest you look at them.

The feel is absolutely unmatched by any other trigger Ive used to date including the other GA triggers.

Three models in this new series include...

Super Dynamic - Combat (SD-C)...2 stage trigger very much like the SSA in terms of ultra reliability yet incorporates the new forward trigger bow with flat faced, gentle slopped trigger. Breaks like a carrot and the total pull is about #4.5

Super Dynamic - Enhanced (SD-E)....the best hard use precision trigger Ive felt to date and the break and predictability of this unit is amazing. Breaks like a Icicle and the total pull is about # 3.5

Super Dynamic - 3 Gun (SD-3G)....this is the new hybrid trigger that has a break that just feels like it drops off a cliff, designed for 3gun use and total pull is about #3.5

You really just have to feel one of these units to understand how much the new design plays into the "naked touch". It sensitizes the trigger finger much more than a traditional curved, rearward trigger and overall the pull is much more efficient, clean, and linear in feel.

One year from now its my bet that these new triggers will be more household named than SSA's and DMR's. I also believe the SD-E is GA's masterstroke thus far, after 3135 rds. fired on it since receiving it, it has been flawless and imo its a really special piece of kit for your AR and its no mind pondering trigger... you should be blown away after the first pull.

SSA 2 stage trigger is on the right...SD-E 2 stage trigger is on the right....

2va1egn.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those look like great triggers. Can you get them in either pin size?
</div></div>

Midway got the first batch of these new Super Dynamic triggers and they are all small pinned however I suspect that following runs of these SD triggers will involve making a large pin model.

ADCO has some SSA-E's that are large pinned.

Have never tried a Geissele, but love my JP in my AR15. Use for everything from hunting to 3-gun and have never had a problem with it. It breaks like glass at about 3 lbs. It's basicaly comes down to which one you like the feel of and what your willing to pay. Go to a 3-gun match and you could probably try just about every brand out there. Anything is better than mil spec, that's for sure!

You might look into having your trigger reworked by Bill Springfield at Trigger works . I have had 3 triggers done by him and you can't beat the price! Triggers are smoothe and crisp. He also offers a military discount.

I had Bill Springfield do two ar triggers for me and I am very pleased with his work. If you get one of M&B adjustable screw's to take out creep it will really make a nice triger for the money.

I've been seriously considering a Springfield trigger tuneup on a field-use LR 308. Don't really trust commercial "match grade" triggers in precision battle rifles. Any triggers for that purpose you guys feel safe recommending?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical .22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been seriously considering a Springfield trigger tuneup on a field-use LR 308. Don't really trust commercial "match grade" triggers in precision battle rifles. Any triggers for that purpose you guys feel safe recommending? </div></div>

I think you got it somewhat backwards...the last trigger I would run in a duty or hard use gun would be a Springfield trigger that has had as much bad feedback as good.

USSOCOM uses Geissele SSF's(f/a version of SSA) and DMR's in their guns.

No more reliable trigger on planet earth than a Geissele SSA and I would argue that with anyone, anyplace:)

Geissele triggers are likely the best but I really like the LMT two stage triggers I am using, they have proven durable and have a good feel to them. I would avoid RR (Rock River) two stage triggers. One RR two stage failed with less than 5000 round on a friend's rifle while we were practicing, the hammer breaking into two pieces. This was a factory installed original unmodified RR trigger.