• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What's the best cartridge for killing...

Re: What's the best cartridge for killing...

The news (Fox) reported that NASA calculated that it will hit somewhere from the top of Canada to the bottom of South America on Friday.

I dunno about you guys but I'm going all Y2K on this and prepping for the zombie virus this thing is carrying back to Earth.

'Goodnight and good luck'

I dont know what cartridge, but I know where Id like it to land. That would get me banned, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spray and Pray...no need to worry. :p</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The news (Fox) reported that NASA calculated that it will hit somewhere from the top of Canada to the bottom of South America on Friday.

I dunno about you guys but I'm going all Y2K on this and prepping for the zombie virus this thing is carrying back to Earth.

'Goodnight and good luck' </div></div>

Damnit. My ACOG comes Friday. Might not have time to zero it before I gotta go all Dawn of the Dead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know what cartridge, but I know where Id like it to land. That would get me banned, though. </div></div>

LOL, unfortuantly it's suposed to break up as it falls so ::enter maggot's zone here::: would only get sprayed with little burnt pieces. It's supposed to cover the equivalent of multiple states when it does 'land' and if it's anywhere near me I'm off on a road trip/scavenger hunt. Ebay the parts and keep the gold!

"The largest chunk of wreckage from UARS is expected to be about 331 pounds (151 kg), says Nicholas Johnson, chief scientist of NASA's Orbital Debris Program office at the Johnson Space Center in Houston." That'll smart just a little if it hits you in the noggin..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">from the top of Canada to the bottom of South America on Friday.</div></div>

What's that in MOA ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">from the top of Canada to the bottom of South America on Friday.</div></div>

What's that in MOA ? </div></div>

when you consider the distance the thing has traveled, (many revolutions around the earth) I would guess it is very small, in terms of moa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spray and Pray...no need to worry. :p </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UvvQRIxXGzA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UvvQRIxXGzA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spray and Pray...no need to worry. :p </div></div>
LOL... Around here we call it "Accuracy By Volume".

It's funny that NASA says They don't know where it will land but it shouldn't hit anyone, 1/3200 chance.

How could they know that if they don't know where it will land? LOL

Second, when it comes to spy satellites we have our military shoot them down, but not this one? We didn't want a satellite coming down to harm the chinese but coming down to harm US is OK?

Come on US Navy shoot her down!!!

Hmmm...our computer modeling kung fu seems a tad weak on this mathematical problem! Perhaps we are not as smart as we might like to think...
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">from the top of Canada to the bottom of South America on Friday.</div></div>

What's that in MOA ? </div></div>

MOC. Minute of Continent.