• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

whats your favorite anti cant level

1601301251831.png
34.00 cheap it works and easy to see

Reactions: LV Precision
Hey, just to clear things up; I did not want to give you the impression that I'm some sort of looser poor who doesn't have an awesome level on all his competition sticks. I do indeed!

I'm just as kewl as everyone else. Nothing, except maybe a ghillie, looks quite as snipery and operatery as a spirit level on your rifle because you shoot soo fucking far that you have to compensate for spin drift and the level the rifle to the center of the earth. You can see the awe in the fudd's eyes when they point to it and say, "Wusat?". Worth every penny.

If that opinion was even remotely popular there would not be a hundred threads on levels, and fifty kinds of levels and mounts. I’ve been told multiple times at matches and in the LGS that you can’t shoot LR without a spirit level in view when you get behind the rifle. Next time you’re at a match keep count of all the rifles that don’t have a level. Mine do! ;)
If I stepped on anyone’s kneck I apologize. I wuz aiming for yur nutz.

It's a shooting aid, nothing more, nothing less.
I agree with you that it is a shooting aid. Some people view it as a necessity while others are quick to dismiss it as foolish. As many have shown the eye is quite accurate in determining level/plumb within 1° and with simple training, the inner ear can be relied upon to be equally accurate. A 4 to 8mph breeze variability will cause more windage error than that 1° off of plumb.

Wow. Ok, ok, uncle. Suddenly it’s not fun.
Its clear I simply don’t want it enough, because I’m not willing to accuse you of disparaging disabled veterans to win an arguement about the efficacy of scope mounted levels, because that’s clearly what I was doing.

So my opinion is only as valid as my PRS ranking? Good to know. He also endorses Leopold scopes and wins with them... I assume that’s what you use right? Right?

I’ll just concede now, because these arguments have me beat; a non sequitur and an appeal to authority. I’m such a looser. I’m going to remove all my scope mounted levels and smash them out of the Sphurs and chassis, because I don’t deserve an impact (or to be kewl) anymore.

Accuracy first all day. Enough said

Hi, I'd like to send you one of mine to compare at no cost, in order to get your input.

Vs an Accuracy First my level comes in at a substantially lower cost, requires less tube space and space between mount/scope tube to install, an has a smaller vial that does not stick past your knobs. The vial however is sensitive to less than a degree, in freezing conditions.

Essentially I want to know from an Accuracy First fan what you prefer on one over the other, for future improvements.

Got to use the level tyler Kemp sent me . The level is made of good material, mounts easy. Its 3-4 thousandths narrower on the band that fastens to the tube,so takes less room. Only took about 2-3 minutes to put on. Behind the scope it's easy to acquire level without having to come off scope ,but doesn't stick out so far when carrying across your chest to poke you. Overall I think its works great.

Reactions: Krob95