• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Where "Backorders" actually work ...

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    I've been pleasantly surprised over the past few months with Creedmoor Sports , Graf and Sons and Midway USA in this area. I've had several hard-to-get items (cases, bullets, dies, etc.) on backorder, and all three companies have actually filled and shipped the vast majority of those backordered items in less than 60 days. Everyplace else just provides lip-service and endless backorder status, or simply doesn't allow backorders at all inducing a free-for-all when product arrives. But these companies have actually and consistently delivered my backordered items. Just giving credit where credit is due in this very constrained market. I like their ... "Guarantee my money and I'll prioritize your order when product arrives" ... business model. It's way better than hoping you're online when product comes in stock, and then betting you can grab it faster than the other 34,827 people trying to buy the same thing at the same time.

I've had the same experience with Creedmoor Sports. Over the last three months I've received 22 centerX LR ammo and reloading components that were backordered. It's a nice surprise to suddenly see the email "your item has shipped".

I've had the same experience with Creedmoor Sports. Over the last three months I've received 22 centerX LR ammo and reloading components that were backordered. It's a nice surprise to suddenly see the email "your item has shipped".
    Off topic ... I've always been meaning to ask. Is reloading 22LR ammo really worth it? Isn't it hard to deal with reloading something so tiny? Maybe it's that I'm old, and my eyesight sucks, but I have enough trouble with 6.5-CM ... just can't imagine reloading such a small cartridge without routinely screwing up. Plus ... I have about 8,000 rounds of CCI 22 Clean Subsonic ammo stocked up for varmint hunting on my ranch ... so there's that worry pretty much gone (killed most of 'em last year ... waiting for this year's crop to come out of hibernation).

Creedmoor Sports is a total fail at backorders. I ordered some ammo back in Oct 20 that still is not filled.

Not much better that Optics Planet. Optics Planet is really fire and forget...you forget what you ordered once it arrives 1yr later.

Reactions: ShtrRdy