• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Where can I find Tabasco pepper powder?

johnmac

Private
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2007
NC
Anyone know Where can I find Tabasco pepper powder? Any of you Louisiana, Texas or other folks know where I can buy some?

I'm looking for a pound or 2 to start off with. Maybe a lot more if it works out with my recipe needs!

Thanks for your help!

Re: Where can I find Tabasco pepper powder?

I'm from Louisiana and have partaken in Tabasco sauce all my life. However having been to Avery Island, home of Tabasco many times, I've never heard of the pepper powder!!! I will do some checking for you!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do a search for the <span style="font-weight: bold">bhut jolokia pepper.</span> It comes dried and can be made into one of the most serious powders I can think of </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">bhut jolokia pepper</span>?

Switch, I don't think he wants to kill anyone or get sued. LOL

I'll pay you a dollar via Gaypal to take a teaspoon of bhut jolokia pepper with no water.

You rock dude.

Merry Christmas.

I took 1/2 a bhut jolokia and 1qt of water into a pan. I reduced it to 1/4c and put it into a mason jar for when my two younger boys decide their mouths are bigger than their muscle. So far one each has tested it and came away wondering wtf they were thinking when they decided to tell me or Panty 6 to fuck off(general application of the word)
Brave little fuckers, but they still fall into line when pepper is generously applied like my ass got when I was a kid

Well, I live in Louisiana and only 2hrs from Avery Island where Tabasco Hot sauce is made. I have never seen a Tabasco pepper powder for sale. If it is HEAT that you are looking for, I can vouch with Switchblade about the BHUT JOLOKIA, (otherwise known as the GHOST Pepper)! A Tabasco Pepper registers 2,500–8,000 Scoville as opposed to the Bhut Jolika's 855,000–1,359,000 Scoville.

I ordered some Bhut Jolika peppers and I ate ONE BITE out of one of those peppers and lets just say, that SHI*T ain't NEVER happening again. The absolute worst pain in my mouth ever. It felt like my freaking lips and throat were on FIRE and what made in suck even more was that it gets HOTTER with time. It reaches it's full effect at about 7 minutes and the burn last for about 45 min.

They make the Bhut Jolika in a powder form and you can get it from here: http://bhut-jolokia.net/

GOOD LUCK!

Visit this You Tube page and just watch some of the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Bhut+Jolokia&aq=f

Tabasco is not much more than pepper Kool-Aid......

If I want powder with heat for cooking, or adjusting the pork sausage, or putting a kick in the TexMex , then I just grab the good ol' Cayenne. A little pinch for a little hot, a little more for a little more, a lot for a lot....you'll get the idea.

Available everywhere.......

I watched a show about the Tabasco sauce company a week or two ago. They get the mashed peppers in barrels from south america, then process them. They used to grow their own, but when they got so big that they were making it by the thousands of gallons, and selling around the world (I think they sell in 20 languages), they had to buy the pepper mash from other vendors.