Where is the SL8 love?

ArmedGinger

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2018
BC, Canada
So I picked one of these up as it was a trade in at work. I always wanted to try one but was always a little hesitant due to people always griping on the thumbhole stock. I have to say, with a bipod off the bench and prone, I don't find it bad at all. We didn't have an decent ammo in stock so I had to settle for PMC XTAC 62gr LAP. Even with that stuff though it wasn't hard to smack the 400 meter gong over and over with ease. Can't wait to see what 69, 75, or 77 grain rounds will do.

SL8.jpg

341843522_980174606697351_4783399178402264457_n.jpg

I’ve always wanted one because it was the main rifle in the F.E.A.R. game series, but I’ve never been able to justify the expense. Interested to hear your thoughts once you put some better ammo through it!

Reactions: JS8588
So I picked one of these up as it was a trade in at work. I always wanted to try one but was always a little hesitant due to people always griping on the thumbhole stock. I have to say, with a bipod off the bench and prone, I don't find it bad at all. We didn't have an decent ammo in stock so I had to settle for PMC XTAC 62gr LAP. Even with that stuff though it wasn't hard to smack the 400 meter gong over and over with ease. Can't wait to see what 69, 75, or 77 grain rounds will do.

View attachment 8121837
View attachment 8121839
Only $1500 or so?

Any reason not to buy one?

It's very cool in a curiosity or nostalgia kinda way. In Americastan we are all about modularity, aftermarket parts, built in optics capability and quickly throwing in new barrels for any gun we plan to use a lot. So the SL8 just seems very range toy ish.
That said, cool purchase, glad you like it. How does it handle away from the bench?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDude219
I bought one when they first came out many years ago. Quickly became my favorite semi auto rifle. Always shot well accuracy wise and runs like a swiss watch - of course it says HK on the side of it so it should! Great rifles, the only downside is the magazine limitation.

Reactions: TheDude219