• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Where to get a hold of lake city LR .308 brass?

Tomekeuro85

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2007
Chicago Suburbs, IL
Is there any outlet for new LC LR 308 brass? I've searched the internet and what not, i've only found once fired.

Once fired is fine too, but thats not available anywhere I looked either.

Anyone know where to get some?

Re: Where to get a hold of lake city LR .308 brass?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try here:

Lake City LR 308 </div></div>

Thanks for the info on the LR brass. Just received my second box of 500 cases. All cases in excellent once fired condition and polished as advertized. Free shipping was nice and got 1000 cases at .15 cents apiece. Checked with another brass vendor and they advertize at .35 a case.

My first box of 500 were about 90% LC 05 with the remainder 06. Next box of 500 were about half 05 and the rest 06, all cases marked LC 05 LR or 06 with no crimp. All excellent condition.
Glad for the great price, will start loading them up with some SMK's after deer season.

LR is Long Range as in M118LR, and it isn't linked. It COULD be fired from a Machine Gun. But then they would have to either shoot one at a time, or link them prior to shooting, and there isn't much of this LR compared to the normal Ball variety so it is HIGHLY doubtful that it came from an MG. It probably came from a M24, M40, Mk11, or an M14 EBR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigMoneyGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the deal with the knurling on LC brass? Should it be of any concern? </div></div>

The knurling on LC brass indicates that it is MATCH brass (M-852) and is for "non combat use only" (hey that's what the boxes say
wink.gif
) It has no effect on it's longevity as M-852 is all I use in my bolt gun and I have several batches of brass with in excess of 40 reloads.

Cheers,

Doc

I found 500 pieces of the LC08 (IIRC) once fired that was posted on AR15.com. Bought for $50 shipped. Haven't seen that before or since, but I guess it comes up fro time to time. The American Marksman site is a great find, thanks!