Which 308 gasser should I buy? Accuracy is a big factor on my selection.

I, like you, will obtain an AR10, though probably not so soon. I have no experience on this particular subject, but based on prior AR15 buys and a build, I will probably start out with a stock Stag 10 .308 based mainly on good prior results with Stag products.

The 18" barrel would probably trim LR performance to just slightly better than my 24" Stag Model 6 AR15. Somewhere down the line, I would probably end up building another .308 upper, probably based around an L-W barrel.

Where AR type products are concerned, I have a strong preference toward factory rifles, mainly because I feel they have been designed, developed, and refined, and also because they carry decent warrantees, putting them ahead of the curve on both accounts, compared to my own building experiences. My build works fine and is surprisingly accurate, but I would do some things differently on a second one, primarily as an exercise in aesthetics.

Greg

Last edited:
I've been stalking these threads for 308 gassers for a while now and a lot of people seem to have good things to say about the JP rifles so they seem pretty great...I'm not sure if this is petty or just me, but does anyone else think that the aesthetics and look of the rifle put a huge damper on it?

I've been stalking these threads for 308 gassers for a while now and a lot of people seem to have good things to say about the JP rifles so they seem pretty great...I'm not sure if this is petty or just me, but does anyone else think that the aesthetics and look of the rifle put a huge damper on it?

I dig the look of the JP. Will own someday...

I am looking to get into the 308 game and I would like some input on which 308 semi automatic rifle to buy that would give me the best accuracy. Please let me know which model and why you think its the best for accuracy. I have been doing research on a few different companies like GAP, Knights, Les Baer, Armalite but I would like to hear some input from an experienced gasser shooters on which one to buy.

Thx

Try the Savage MSR Long Range, Im really liking mine 6.5 CR. Not as spendy as some of these others and I'm getting consistent Sub MOA accuracy.