Which 6.5 creedmoor??

Rhambeaux

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2017
Hey guys, I've been heavily debating 300wmg vs 6.5 creedmoor for my new rifle. I posted a few weeks back about it, and with what I plan on using it, most suggested the 300wmg. I've been going back and forth with myself from the beginning. I've settled on 6.5 creedmoor being that I will mostly be doing range time and white tail. In the future (few years from now) I would like to hunt bigger game but would have to travel being that I'm in south Louisiana. I've decided on the 6.5 creedmoor for now, and will go with a 300wmg down the road once I'm a better shooter and I think the creedmoor will help me get there. So with that being said:

id like to stick around the $1,000 budget for the rifle, can go a little over, Wouldn't mind going under.

i already have a new in box Vortex PST FFP 6-24x50 optic for the rifle. (Couldn't decide on rifle so I got the optic first)

my main choice has been the bergara b14 HMR, but of course now it's out of stock everywhere but is backorderable.

ive also looked at ruger precision, Savage LRP, and Remington magpul.
i would like it to be threaded, but not 100% required as I can have it threaded down the road.
Preferably I will be shooting the 143g ELD if the rifle likes them.
I may stick a sling and a bipod but, if I have to choose one, it will be a sling.

whats my best options?

Out of the ones you mentioned, the HMR.

My top choice would be a Tikka T3X CTR, you can get a 20" or 24". Should be able to find one for $900 shipped to your FFL

Just shot this group on Tuesday out of my Savage 10 FCP-SR in 6.5CM. For $400 for the rifle I can't complain. Topped it with an SWFA SS 5-20 HD. It's a little lighter than the LRP and definitely priced right.

Attachments

• photo67394.jpg
    photo67394.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 20
Ah, didn't realize I could click on it. I like the way the bergara is set up, but I'm still kind of debating the 300wmg Remington 700 5R fluted and putting a brake. I'll just have to wear ear pro in the stand and shoot the close ones in the neck lol

While I love my LRP I wouldn't want to carry it as it has a full bull barrel. :) For a savage the stealth would be a good option. I also have a tikka and the action is certainly nicer.