• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Which bullet type is more accurate?

Re: Which bullet type is more accurate?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my GUESS would be fmj since the bullet is less likley to deform but i could be wrong. i assume you arn't meaning "more accurate in your gun" </div></div>

No, I mean in general. I figured it would be the FMJ as well... Zak.

In my experience (reloading and factory) soft points shoot with more precision than FMJ's, Even when I take the time to weight and measure the FMJ.

Never noticed much difference in accuracy between fmj and sp. Used to do 300yd BR comps for fun and tried some flat base bullets since everyone else was using them. They were more accurate, but for long range, you need the extra BC of the boat tail. I found it interesting.

Zak,

For the most part standard inexpensive 308/223 FMJ's are only designed to shoot 2.5 MOA on average.

The cheap varmint bullets/loaded cartridges will shoot twice as good usually.

Steve

At this point I would just like to find some cheap ammo just to shoot... I've looked all over for the 6.5x55, Cheaper Than Dirt didn't have it, and I went to Cabelas and it was $40+ a box for 20...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZakBradshaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got off the phone with my uncle, he wants to buy me reloading dies and brass for christmas... Sweet! Lol... </div></div>

carful reloading will get just as adicting as guns. but i guess there are much worse things to be adicted to

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZakBradshaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got off the phone with my uncle, he wants to buy me reloading dies and brass for christmas... Sweet! Lol... </div></div>

Cool...That's the best Christmas,having gun stuff under the tree.
bullets.

Here's a load that will be safe in your gun.

1. For M96, 38, 41 and 94 Swedish Mausers....139 grain Lapua Scenar,140 SMK,140 Amax,Lapua case, Fed 210M, 44 grains RL22, OAL 3.150 for 2575 fps out of a 26" barrel, 5 shot sub 1/2 inch groups.

Steve