• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Which Manner’s stock?

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    What stock in the Manners line-up would work for not only hunting, but also on the range (not on a bench; practicing from different positions). (End goal is to go shoot a match/matches as well).

I’ve considered a MCS-TA, the T3, and the T6A. I’ve had a T3 and T4A in the past; the T4A was shot from a bench and the T3 was sold before I could even shoot with it, so no real time lugging one around except on the range or handling it at the house unfortunately.

Any subjective and helpful input would be greatly appreciated.

The T4s are great stocks however the standard fill is a little heavier than the elite carbon. The PRS stocks are very nice for both hunting and PRS style matches. The weight will be influenced by whether or not it has a adjustable cheek and whether it’s the light weight carbon elite or standard fill.

Waiting on an EH1 for a similar role myself. I also like the look of traditional stocks but the EH-1 was really comfortable. You can check with manners, but they used to be able to ship you stocks to try, you just had to pay shipping back. Could be a good way to get a feel for them. How much you're going to use it for hunting and matches definitely merits thought. A lot of the match style features people like add weight. Adjustable cheek adds a pound or so, different floor plate options add different weights, etc.

EH5a is my recommendation. It points and carries well in the field. Consistent grip and trigger placement. The best stock I have ever used.I had an eh1 and liked it but never felt comfortable offhand or carrying in the field.

Thanks for the replies all. I have been looking at the EH1A as well, but have read that for those with larger hands, like myself, the grip is a tad short? Is this true?

EH5a is my recommendation. It points and carries well in the field. Consistent grip and trigger placement. The best stock I have ever used.I had an eh1 and liked it but never felt comfortable offhand or carrying in the field.

Thanks for that. How do you like the hole where I am guessing you would put your thumb in the stock? Never used a stock like that before.

All of them, what fit do you like. I always liked the traditional looks of the MCS-T and T3, but found the EH1 was a better fit for my body.

I liked how the T3 felt when I shouldered it and I do like the more “traditional” stocks. If they made it with the adjustable cheek piece It would be awesome.

Thanks for the replies all. I have been looking at the EH1A as well, but have read that for those with larger hands, like myself, the grip is a tad short? Is this true?

Call manners.. I'm almost certain the EH1 has the longer grip like the T6.. the T2 has the shorter grip.

I really like the PRS1 (or 2 if you don't like the hook). run it with an area419 arca rail adaptor and some APA bottom metal. its a great setup. for me I never really liked the wide forend of the T-2/4. Now with the flat rail systems that wide forend isn't really needed. Orig the idea was to have a wide flat area for barricade shooting. Once you put a arca rail adaptor on it, the width of the front is irrelevant.

EH1A or EH5A hands down....
    I have a couple T5As on heavier rigs and dig where and the angle that grip puts my hand in relation to the trigger. I'm a south paw, but still the grip is excellent. 9 times out of 10 my thumb stays out of the hole and rests by the tang, but there is a thumb shelf for the righties.

EH1 is by far may favorite hunting stock, but have had a couple serve dual purpose in a pinch. W/O the adjustable comb cheek weld suffered a little going with a bigger scope on top, but a comb pad can be rigged up temporarily easy enough.

Reactions: lou400a
    I love the T3s. I have 3 of them and use them on my match rifles. I like the more traditional feel and the wider forend. It's a good stock from any position. My favorite in the Manners line but with Manners you can't really go wrong. Stocks are a lot of personal preference.

B74Og0D.jpg

Reactions: Simia Dei
    Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

As of right now I am between the T3 or EH1, or even EH1A. Either will be with the Gen 2 minichassis.

Is the adjustable version of the EH1 worth the little extra coin? Or would running a stock pack help?

Adjustable is nice but it depends on the scope. Even my higher mounted scopes are fine with a stock pack but if you feel you might need the adjustable cheek then get it. Won;t hurt anything.

If you’re considering the EH1A I would go PRS1, same weight. I just picked this guy up Monday and I get a boner everytime I pick it up. I have several EH1’s and an EH1A and I’ll be buying PRS’s from here on out. Just wish I went titanium action on this last build....
    28A6FA55-2F48-40A1-B055-70FF7E984921.png
    CBCE3548-D39A-4076-ADCB-18F7842A4A81.jpeg

Reactions: Basher
    If you’re considering the EH1A I would go PRS1, same weight. I just picked this guy up Monday and I get a boner everytime I pick it up. I have several EH1’s and an EH1A and I’ll be buying PRS’s from here on out. Just wish I went titanium action on this last build....View attachment 6913427View attachment 6913428

Wow, that IS sexy! I won't likely be doing another build for a good while (still wrapping one up right now, that will likely evolve over time in some ways), but the Manners PRS line has been on my radar since they came out.

If I ever get a gig flying up in Alaska or other country where larger predators live though, a nice little .308 with the new compact stock and a 1-8x would be the cat's meow to throw in the cockpit and have on hand... Choices!

As for the OP's question, my take is the MSC-T or TA, or a T3. The build I'm still working on it a TL2 switch barrel setup, and I have both an MCS-T (sent off to StockDoc for a KMW install to make it a TA) and a McMillan A5 adjustable for it. The plan is to use the T for hunting and occasional matches, and the A5 for most other activities. If I could only have one, though, I'd likely go TA. It'll work very well for just about everything.

Anyone have weights of their finished builds wth the TA? I have one in order for a backcountry/long range/do everything rifle and wondering if I should call and remove the adjustability to reduce the weight a bit.

If you’re considering the EH1A I would go PRS1, same weight. I just picked this guy up Monday and I get a boner everytime I pick it up. I have several EH1’s and an EH1A and I’ll be buying PRS’s from here on out. Just wish I went titanium action on this last build....View attachment 6913427View attachment 6913428
    Nice rifles! What made you choose the PRS over the EH 1? I liked both the i beam construction on the fore end looks pretty cool. The grip seemed a lot bigger on the prs at least the one I had. I was expecting they’d be the same.