• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Which scope would you keep?

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford
Between the two scopes in the poll which would you sell? The Leopold is clearer and less sensitive to eye position, but the Sightron is clear enough and lets you seem the target better. I am thinking about keeping the Leopold but the Sightron is newer. It’s going to be used on a CZ 452. I only use the gun right now to shoot targets and on a nice clear day the Sightron is great, but as it gets dark it gets dim much faster.

Re: Which scope would you keep?

I tend to shoot at 100 yards mostly, just trying for small groups. It’s a straight 36x and I think it is not a scope that would be useful for much more then shooting bench rest or prone. Although that is mostly how I shoot.

The Sightron is a bit easier to shoot accurately but the groups are not hugely different. Still if I wanted to get the smallest groups and see the holes I would use the Sightron.

I think I would go with the Leupold. You say that the Sightron only helps seeing the little groups, but have complaints about it getting dim. I say go with the overall scope instead of the bench scope, you never know if you will change your mind later about types of shooting. I have 4.5-14s on all of my CZ 452 American, but then again I don't shoot for groups. I think that you would also have a better market on the Leupy if sold later if a new scope is desired.

Sounds like a tough decision. Were it me, I'd sell them both and get either an adjustable or a fixed 16x; or, just go with the Leupold in this case. Nothing against Sightron though, I do like their scopes (at least the SIII series). Good luck in you choice.

I already sold the Sightron I may sell the Leopold as well. I found a good price for a Minox 4-20 with parallax adjustment. Parallax is adjustable down to 25 yard which I like since it is going to be on a 22lr. I am thinking about the Minox 6-30 also but they start at $650 and I would have to buy different rings. I could get a mil dot but I would have to pay more for comparable German glass. I only use it to shoot paper, although in the post apocalyptic future I may need to use it to hunt small animals.