• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Which shot group would you use?

Ghosting

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Feb 7, 2021
    MO
    This is a load I'm working on for the 375 cheytac and I'm wondering which one you guys would pick to continue building off of.
    They are strings of 5 shot groups.
    I still need to adjust seating depth and I could also do a slight power increase/decrease
    I'm using 390 Atips in a 1-8 twist barrel so I need to keep it below 2950 FPS or the bullets could come apart. So I can't go faster.
    There was no pressure signs on any of these rounds.

I like the really SD and ES on the 134gr load but the 137gr has better groups and velocity.

1726329978487.jpeg

Reactions: simonp
    This is a load I'm working on for the 375 cheytac and I'm wondering which one you guys would pick to continue building off of.
    They are strings of 5 shot groups.
    I still need to adjust seating depth and I could also do a slight power increase/decrease
    I'm using 390 Atips in a 1-8 twist barrel so I need to keep it below 2950 FPS or the bullets could come apart. So I can't go faster.
    There was no pressure signs on any of these rounds.

I like the really SD and ES on the 134gr load but the 137gr has better groups and velocity.

View attachment 8501456
    I like the bottom right group, and I'd retest that load to see if it'll repeat.

Reactions: Doom
    Let me pose a question (being a bit of a smartass). You like the SD of the 134 but the group is not to your liking. The 137 Group is to your liking but you don't like the SD. So what is your objective here? Do you want a SD that might be lower or a Group that might be smaller? Do of the differences in SD have a meaningful effect on your goal?

Statistical data for standard deviation based on 5 shots is subject to a large amount of variance due to random sampling. In either case all your SD show you are loading very consistent ammunition. I definitely would not pick a charge based on that. In reality I think you can pick any load between 134 and 137 and it will turn out well.

EDIT: As @straightshooter1 said, definitely retest and at distance.

Reactions: JerkyFreak