Which stock / Chasis HOWA 1500 SA

Bache Kermooni

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2012
So Cal
Ok, many are out there. Oryx, Bravo, Archangel, B&C, Boyd's, ...
I want to make a beginner PRC / long plinker for my HOWA 1500 sa in 6 Creedmoor 24" HB. Spending sub $500. Adjustable cheek a plus.

Really appreciate your actual experience.

I have an older MDT HS3 on a howa 223 and love it. Quite light and reasonably basic but is customizable.

I also have a 6 5 creed on a Howa ACC. I don't think you can come close to this chassis for the money. It can be set up for any thing you like. Absolutely 5 star!!!

Too bad you didn't get in on the MDT/Oryx xmas clearance/seconds sale. I have 2 Oryx chassis on a pair of Savage 12FV actions and could not be happier, especially considering the price. Love that they take standard AICS mags and have a bulletproof feel. A Boyd's will take a lot more work (pillars, bedding, bottom metal inletting) to match a chassis...and will not be as strong. I love my B&C stocks as well but they really strike me as more of a hunting/benchrest option as they are thick and fat.

Too bad you didn't get in on the MDT/Oryx xmas clearance/seconds sale. I have 2 Oryx chassis on a pair of Savage 12FV actions and could not be happier, especially considering the price. Love that they take standard AICS mags and have a bulletproof feel. A Boyd's will take a lot more work (pillars, bedding, bottom metal inletting) to match a chassis...and will not be as strong. I love my B&C stocks as well but they really strike me as more of a hunting/benchrest option as they are thick and fat.
Thanks. Darn, how much were they?

Lots out there but surprised some are no longer supporting the Howas like Manners told me last week they are no longer inletting for them. Hope more keep supporting them. Been shooting Howa/Vanguards for 20yrs. Never bought a chassis for one but might need to looking at the MDT / Oryx options.

MDT is releasing a new stock in a few days. Maybe wait another week before deciding. Have you looked at the Cadex Strike Nuke? There is a snipers hide discount for accessories.

The Oryx chasis just arrived. It looks and fits great. Now I need a bipod solution. Either an M-Lok one or an adopter to fit my curved swivel attached one. Any ideas?

Unless you want to use a RRS type rail, just get a picatinny rail that fits to M-Lok slots and mount to that. I tried a Magpul M-Lok direct fit bipod once but I preferred being able to remove the bipod in a few seconds. You could also get the RRS bipod adapter that attaches to RRS and picatinny rails. That's what I use on an Atlas and it's great.

Unless you want to use a RRS type rail, just get a picatinny rail that fits to M-Lok slots and mount to that. I tried a Magpul M-Lok direct fit bipod once but I preferred being able to remove the bipod in a few seconds. You could also get the RRS bipod adapter that attaches to RRS and picatinny rails. That's what I use on an Atlas and it's great.
Ended up picking this up. Works like a charm ...

Reactions: A-Rob
+1 on the oryx. I have one on my vanguard in 308. Best bang for the buck option I’ve seen.

Keep in mind only the polymer mags (and maybe the new poly/metal mags) will work with the howa SA inlet. I ordered a metal mag and found out the hard way.