• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing Whidden Aluminum Bedding Block...

oneshot onekill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
DeBary, Florida
Well, I recently received my McMillan A5 and decided to try something a little out-of-the-ordinary. I'm installing a Whidden Aluminum Block instead of traditional Bedding. I'm only part-way through the process and so far so good. I only have a dremel for removing the stock material required to fit the block so that part's a bit challenging. I keep removing, then fitting... removing, then fitting. It's a slow process but I'm hoping this will be a worth-while endeavor. I'll keep you posted as to how it progresses. I'll start taking pictures to chronicle the process but I only get out to the shed to work on it about once every few days.

If anyone else has done this, any "pearls of wisdom" would be much appreciated at this point. I'll be using JB Weld to hold it in place.

Anyone know of a good "release agent" for use with JB Weld??? Since I've never done anything like this before I don't know if the same "release agents" you use for normal bedding will work. Thanks for reading. Pics will follow!