• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Who's gonna get a Stiller?

Ackley Improved

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2006
AUSTRALIA
Guys

Curious as to who is going to get themselves a nice new Stiller rimfire action when they are made available?

Who's going for a top dollar trainer rifle?

I really want a Rimfire BR rifle, but I think I'll have to get a repeater and chuck it in a Manners!

Its time for a nice rimfire!

So, what components are you guys going for?

Cheers
AI

Re: Who's gonna get a Stiller?

Well, I have a Stiller Predator on my 7WSM, it is sweet. So if you have an extra $4,500 (including glass) I would go for it and make the rest of us VERY jealous!!!

Myself, I'm starting a new job so it looks like a CZ 453 Varmint and a Leupold 4.5-14X40mm, after I payoff my Cabela's card with the Springfield XDM on it.

It's all about managing funds right now for me.

When they come out my plans are a single shot for a BR rig if they have decent ignition and depending on the mag set-up a repeater for a Tac rig.
Broughton 5C or Lilja 4 groove
X-treme 2 stage
Stock?

Of course this depends on if and when you can get them.
I think the line will be long.

Resurrecting this thread in hopes that someone in the know may be able to inform me on the development of the Predator 25x actions. Is the repeater looking like it will be out this summer? I'm starting to look into getting parts for a nice build.

So far my list is:

Stiller 25x repeater
Huber Concepts 2.5lb 2-stage trigger
HTG stock
USO, 1.8-10 maybe?

Not sure what barrels to look at - lilja seems to be popular, but not sure what the diff. # of grooves impact.

I should probably call GAP to see if they'll put me on the list for a build. Hopefully by next spring I can be taking this one to the range (will take the place of my .308 as the primary range rifle)

I'd like to as well, but man, I tell ya after getting a 40x 22lr, unless its a repeater its hard to justify a different action. And if CDIPreicion gets the conversion going its even more so.

But hey, i'm with ya on it, I'll probably eye it for a few years saving for one even though I got a 40x 22lr.

Time to feed the addiction !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im lost here. Is Stiller doing a .22? If so, when, how much, and how many in the production run? </div></div>

yup...

gonna be VERY similar to the 40X 22LR.... but a repeater...or so I heard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im lost here. Is Stiller doing a .22? If so, when, how much, and how many in the production run? </div></div>

yup...

gonna be VERY similar to the 40X 22LR.... but a repeater...or so I heard.

</div></div>

I thought there was a repeater and single shot. Maybe I'm wrong.

the last I read is that it will be available in either configuration.

hopefully this will cause 40x prices to drop a bit
wink.gif

I'm watching development of this thing. If it works out I'll be selling a few rifles for this one. That thing about 40X prices going down, I'm thinking not. A CMP 40X is still a lot cheaper than this Stiller will end up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im lost here. Is Stiller doing a .22? If so, when, how much, and how many in the production run? </div></div>

yup...

gonna be VERY similar to the 40X 22LR.... but a repeater...or so I heard.</div></div>
The 40X was once available in a "Sporter" version that was a repeater. As I understand it less than 700 were ever made. Once in a while you will see fine examples of .22 LR 40X Repeaters come up for sale on Guns America for $4,000.00 - $5,000.00. Too rich for my blood, and besides - in that condition they're way too nice and too collectable to be converted to "tactical" trainers that are going to get dirty and possibly scuffed-up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eitmsmf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im lost here. Is Stiller doing a .22? If so, when, how much, and how many in the production run? </div></div>

yup...

gonna be VERY similar to the 40X 22LR.... but a repeater...or so I heard.</div></div>

I thought there was a repeater and single shot. Maybe I'm wrong. </div></div>
No, you're not wrong. According to the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Stiller Precision Firearms</span></span> web site, regarding the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Predator 25X Rimfire Action:</span></span> <span style="font-style: italic">"Prototypes are being sent out for testing and production should be later this summer."</span> I quoted this off of the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Predator Special Actions"</span></span> page, which you can get to by going to the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Stiller web site</span></span>, clicking on <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Actions"</span></span>, then clicking on <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Predator Specials"</span></span>.

If you click on <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Parts/Prices"</span></span> and look up the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Predator 25X</span></span> you see <span style="font-style: italic">"Predator 25X rimfire action, single shot for now. Pinned 3/16 recoil lug"</span> in the comments. Hopefully, Stiller will get the Repeater worked-out and have it on the market soon.

Keith

Per a reply to an e-mail I sent on 6-18-09,

projected release date is by the end of year.

The repeater does not have a clip designation yet and

it has a S/A Remmy inlet.

SRP; $875.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gafferq2xl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Per a reply to an e-mail I sent on 6-18-09,

projected release date is by the end of year.

The repeater does not have a clip designation yet and

it has a S/A Remmy inlet.

SRP; $875. </div></div>
Thanks for the info <span style="font-weight: bold">gafferq2x1</span>. I've been waiting for the Repeater ever since Stiller announced the 25X RF action. I'm probably going to drop mine into a McMillan A5 so I don't have to worry about scratching the bluing or dinging-up the wood on my KOO 82s'.

Keith

I just hope everyone is taking advantage of some type of .22lr in these times and not letting 1 particular action keep them from getting trigger time

ROLEXrifleman said:
while you guys wait, the world is just passing you by.
We've begged for how long now?
40x FTW

I'm with you on that Rolex, but when it does come out, i'll be getting one
smile.gif
or if CDI makes the conversion, its a matter of who will come out with this first !!!

...in the meantime, I'll be shooting !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROLEXrifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">while you guys wait, the world is just passing you by.
We've begged for how long now?
40x FTW</div></div>
The world isn't passing me by either. I happen to have six .22LR rifles I can shoot - including three very accurate bolts and a sub-MOA 10/22. In fact, I was shattering 1"-1.5" clay pigeon pieces at 200 yards with my MOA 10/22 on Sunday.

Its' just that I've always wanted a 40X Repeater and now theres light at the end of the tunnel for the Stiller 25X RF Repeater.

Keith

IM IN ON ONE, BUT IM GOING TO BUILD A REPEATER HUNTER FOR TREE RATS WITH MINE, ITLL MIMIC THE WEIGHT AND HANDLING OF MY 700 HUNTING RIFLES.

MY DREAM 22 LR ALREADY KNOW MY BUILD SHEET
STILLER 22 REPEATER ACTION
MCMILLAN PALM SWELL HUNTER STOCK CAMO
JEWELL TRIGGER
LIJA #3 CONTOUR FLUTED BARREL
OVERSIZED RECOIL LUG, NOT NEEDED BUT COOL
NXS 2.5-10X32
GUN FINISHED MATTE BLACK

I SEE IT EVERY NIGHT, CANT WAIT UNTIL THEY'RE FINISHED