Why don’t more people use Drones?

There is a setting you can change on the Mavic to allow the camera to tilt more upwards. It under the camera settings and then under the advanced settings. Side to side is a not an option unless you have the the goggles.
C52EA2D5-2FC1-4AF8-8033-97209298ABB7.png

Reactions: TomH Tx
I do utilize my Mavic Air when others are shooting but rarely when I am shooting or spotting. Ill setup a GoPro extremely close behind a rock for gong footage and the drone can circle above. The Air has the slow-mo filming which isnt slow enough for a bullet but still is neato.
Right now I see drones in the ELR/LR scene as a way to paint a bigger and better picture of an event or impressive shooting day not so much to call shots.

Reactions: Juggerxxx
Thanks to Juggerxxx for his tip. I enabled the up-gimbal today, and used my Mavic Pro as my spotter, on a table close to but off center-line of the target, safely protected by my sheet of steel. It was just really cool to take a shot at 625 on my rpr 6.5, and look to my left to watch on my iPad as the bullet impacted the splatter target. Maybe I am just easily amused :)

Thanks to Juggerxxx for his tip. I enabled the up-gimbal today, and used my Mavic Pro as my spotter, on a table close to but off center-line of the target, safely protected by my sheet of steel. It was just really cool to take a shot at 625 on my rpr 6.5, and look to my left to watch on my iPad as the bullet impacted the splatter target. Maybe I am just easily amused :)

I’m glad that helped! So many fricken options of the Mavic it is so hard to know them all.
Have you found the sound recording option yet?

The Mavic pro has a really Good camera but I never thought to use it has a spotter.
Just be REALLY sure to protect it with a piece of steel or something. I have already got that t-shirt! I tried rigging up an FPV camera system OTHER than my MP, and the picture quality and transmission distance were @#$%, and could not handle the 600+ yards. With the MP, NO prob. Just don't shoot it!