• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Window Tint Misdemeanor Arrest Question/Rant

Re: Window Tint Misdemeanor Arrest Question/Rant

I understand the risks of driving a vehicle with a higher center of gravity. Thank you for responding in such an adult like manner ( no sarcasm) its hard to sit down on a forum and discuss things without complete disrespect. The thing is I feel, the seat belt law is just another way to create restrictions on the people, because I choose to build big trucks and drive them isn't anymore wrong than someone with a very fast sports car driving ignorantly. It all boils down to how you operate said piece of equipment. Although I know the risks of the high center of gravity I also know that the average truck tire is roughly 7.5-8" across I have literally 31"-'s of tire contacting the ground in front and rear on offset wheels to stabalize the foundation. Yes it is a risk, but as free people it's my risk to take. I agree also agree with the post above. Our tax dollars pay for the roads the equipment to install them and the people to do the work just as the LEO's DNR. So as for the seat belt thing Im still on solid ground with its my vehicle I paid for it. I understand it may not be the right way of thinking but it's how I feel about it.

I am a libertarian who objects to seatbelt laws, but I'm also an automotive engineer who has a decent grasp of vehicle dynamics and knows enough about crash statistics to be very, very concerned about rollovers and ejections in taller vehicles. I don't care how big the track width may be; the fact of the matter is that poor-handling vehicles leave the road more frequently, and tall vehicles are far more likely to go shiny-side-down once that happens. And once the vehicle starts to tumble, keeping the people inside the vehicle because very important.

The laws of man are one thing; the laws of physics are quite another. You can engage in arguments about the first and even ignore them if you wish, but the second are really not up for debate. Wear your seat belt, if for no other reason than to spare your loved ones the anguish of having to provide identification of your body after it's been crushed by a four-ton truck.

OP, sorry for the off-topic excursion.

I hate the seatbelt laws but I always wear mine after a fire/rescue buddy of mine showed me what the airbag will do to me if I'm not wearing a seatbelt.

I can't comprehend why anyone would not wear a seatbelt, but being cited for not wearing one is complete bull shit. Especially when you consider that a very large majority of the guys handing out those citations don't wear them either.... I can't even count the number of them that I've heard whining about the vest and belts making them uncomfortable. Since tax payers have a stake in the financial loss that results from an injured or dead officer, you'd think they might be held to a higher standard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seanh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a different vehicle. Big jacked-up truck? That just screams "I'm a dick give me a ticket".

you have no reason to rant.

only 8 times pulled over in 3 years...I'd be pulling you over a couple times a month. </div></div>

Wow, I like that, I hope you grow up to be a cop that profiles folks cuz they own shinier shit than you do.

We used to live in a country that applauded personal achievement, now, you buy and have nice shit, it's 'I'm a dick, give me a ticket?.

What the fuck does tint matter anyway, just how about we ticket people for fucking up other people's shit, or person, instead of all this pre-crime shit you guys all been pining for that has us willing to pull in a checkpoint now every single day if you drive south out of Tucson, and that ain't done shit to make this whole deal better.

Every time I hear some fuck say 'it could cause a accident' I want to scream.

How about when there is a collision, someone get's a ticket.

When there is an accident then we help the person along, clean up the mess and move on.

Pull me over a couple times a month?

Because I have this?

DSC_1079_zpsaaafe46c.jpg

I like this new country, the one of absolute tyranny of the individual on a daily basis, so that the fucking collective can lay on their couch and watch entertainment tonite or some sports shit.

Yes my rock is bigger than yours, so I guess you should be able to knock my door down a couple times a month too???

What's the trampling of the right to be secure in your papers, effects and property among friends??

What the fuck have we come to as a country, when there's almost thirty response to tint questions before KyP finally asked the right question,

<span style="text-decoration: underline"> What the fuck is the checkpoint for?!!</span>

sean

Quote From OP:
"The only real problem I had with whole situation was the attitude and "vibe" officer D was putting off. You thought I would have had masterminded a dog fighting ring and had 7 dead hookers in the bed of the truck. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt maybe he forgot his coffee???"

Hilarious!! Typically in GA leo's don't seem to concern themselves with "illegal" tint on vehicles such as nice big trucks. However the Hondas with the exhausts that sound like lawn mowers seem to get pulled over for tint more often. And that's just fine with me because I drive a nice big truck!
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thrasher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However the Hondas with the exhausts that sound like lawn mowers seem to get pulled over for tint more often. And that's just fine with me because I drive a nice big truck! </div></div>

Nice attitude! The next time I see someone pulled over in a lifted truck, I'll laugh my ass off because I'm driving a sports sedan. Actually, no, I won't do that, because I think it's pretty fucked-up to get pulled over simply for driving a particular style of vehicle (regardless of what that style happens to be), and because I don't think it's good to sell out a fellow fan of internal combustion just because they happen to have different taste.

We humans sure are good at finding ways to eat our own.