Wisconsin Teacher Who Made Out with Fifth-Grader Faces Life in Prison

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Wisconsin elementary school teacher Madison Bergmann, 24, was arrested Wednesday for alleg

The disgraced Wisconsin elementary school teacher arrested in May for allegedly “making out” with a fifth-grader has been hit with more charges and faces a life sentence in prison if convicted.
Madison Bergmann, 24, who taught at Hudson’s River Crest Elementary School until being charged with first-degree sexual assault of a child, is now facing nine additional felonies, the New York Post reported.
The allegations originally came out when the parents of an 11-year-old boy discovered text messages between him and Bergmann, featuring conversations about inappropriate encounters they allegedly had in her classroom during lunch periods or after school.
The teacher allegedly wrote that she enjoyed the child touching her and “making out,” according to charging documents that CBS News obtained.
Upon reading the disturbing messages, the boy’s father stormed into the school with printouts of the conversations in hand.
A subsequent police investigation uncovered even more disgusting details, including handwritten letters found in Bergmann’s backpack in which she allegedly wrote about kissing and being in love with the young student.
“One of my cousins is in the 5th grade and I can’t imagine a man talking to her how we talk,” Bergmann allegedly wrote. “I know we have a special relationship and I do love you more than anyone in the world but I have to be the adult here and stop.”
Bergmann, who was engaged to be married in July when she was first arrested, resigned from her teaching position shortly after the news broke, KARE11 reported.
After further investigation, prosecutors charged her with one count of using a computer to facilitate a child sex crime, five charges of sexual misconduct by school staff, two charges of child enticement causing mental or bodily harm, and a charge of exposing a child to harmful materials, according to an amended complaint that the New York Post viewed.
Bergmann faces up to 185 years in prison if convicted and sentenced consecutively.
Her ex-fiance, Sam Hickman, is reportedly humiliated that she “cheated with a little kid.”
An anonymous friend of Hickman told the New York Post, “Sam is really upset and heartbroken. He’s embarrassed and pissed. He didn’t deserve this. Everyone is pissed.”
The friend said it was a mutual decision to cancel the wedding, adding Hickman “says it’s f*cked up that she cheated with a little kid.”

YIKES!!

univ colleges of ed always get the lowest ranked HS grads,lowest SATs. looks like they get the lowest morals,ethics and judgement as well. are we surprised that US ed system is perverted,corrupt and useless?

Reactions: MO Fugga
I doubt that she will even do any time in prison. "She" will get time served, court supervised parole, court ordered treatment and loss of teaching license for 10 years. She is a victim of misogyny.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKDslayer
I'm not going to excuse her actions but I am wondering what the 12 year old looks like. I was at a customer's house and there was a big boy there and I asked him about the new highschool football field. He said that he didn't know and I asked him if he was on the football team. That's when he told me that he was only 12. He was 6 ft and 220 lbs. He was too big to play on the middle school team because of the weight limit and too young to play on the freshman team.
Women don't fit the pedophilia mold.

Reactions: Yasherka
mannnn this shit never happened back when I was in school. what a time to be alive.
I’m sure it did. But, that’s a lot of words to tap out on a telegraph…

I'm not going to excuse her actions but I am wondering what the 12 year old looks like. I was at a customer's house and there was a big boy there and I asked him about the new highschool football field. He said that he didn't know and I asked him if he was on the football team. That's when he told me that he was only 12. He was 6 ft and 220 lbs. He was too big to play on the middle school team because of the weight limit and too young to play on the freshman team.
Maybe he was big for his age, but he still has the mental acuity of an 11 yo.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
I don't recall any of my elementary teachers being "worthy" of my attention. Then again, my hormones weren't yet "activated" so I may have been missing out. I do recall one case where this particular 4th grade teacher (who was married and pregnant at the time) gave me a kiss for congratulating her on her pregnancy. Totally innocent, but I'm sure it would get her fired today. if not worse. Unfortunately, she left for maternity leave when I was supposed to have her in 4th grade and the replacement was horrid. Otherwise, there was this one girl in the grade below me who was totally "h-o-t" hot but from an "aesthetic" context as I had absolutely no idea yet what to do with her.

I can't think of any teachers I would have pursued until I reached HS with active hormones. There were, in fact, a couple that did get my attention. But one was married. Don't recall if the other one was or not. But it didn't matter because, by then, I was getting into the student girls with whom I had a "theoretical" shot. Unrealistic, but "theoretical." :mad:

And, as for the teacher who is the subject of this thread, I think it really depends on the relevant definition of "making out." If we're talking full blown "snogging" sessions or worse, then yeah, Life without parole. If we're talking any activity without clothing on, then that's inching towards a capital offense, in my judgement.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: epags
I never saw a subsitute teacher that wasn't a mentally-ill child hater.

I had one scream at me in the 4th grade at Ft. Lewis for getting up and going to the drinking fountain at the back of the room without asking permission. When another student told her we were allowed to do that with our regular teacher she said she didn't care what our regular teacher allowed.

She then proceeded to go off on the whole classroom about what a bunch of undisciplined fuckups and little animals we were.

Reactions: BCP

I had one scream at me in the 4th grade at Ft. Lewis for getting up and going to the drinking fountain at the back of the room without asking permission. When another student told her we were allowed to do that with our regular teacher she said she didn't care what our regular teacher allowed.

She then proceeded to go off on the whole classroom about what a bunch of undisciplined fuckups and little animals we were.

Public schools lol. They've been shit forever.

When I was in grade school and my younger brother was in kindergarten his teacher would lock kids in the bathroom as punishment. She did it to my brother and my worthless parents didn't care, eventually she locked a retarded kid in the bathroom all day long and got fired because he shit himself or something.

• Haha
Reactions: GoingTheDistance

There was, actually, one sub in Elementary school we always looked forward to having but, oddly enough, it was a male sub.... a "businessman" of sorts by day. But he could read poetry and had once of those iconic voices. We liked him a lot. Otherwise, I actually had a sub for my entire 1st grade year (the regular teacher had some kind of medical issue). But the same sub. We grew to like each other and I actually stayed in touch with her long after graduating HS and college. She lived in the same town, and lived to be 100.

When I was in grade school and my younger brother was in kindergarten his teacher would lock kids in the bathroom as punishment. She did it to my brother and my worthless parents didn't care, eventually she locked a retarded kid in the bathroom all day long and got fired because he shit himself or something.
He shit himself...in the bathroom. smh

• Haha
Reactions: NoDopes

My Kindergarten teacher was not that severe. She had the "thinking chair" at the other end of the classroom for those who needed to ponder the evils of their behavior.

I did not realize it until much later on but both she and my 3rd grade teacher I think were closeted LGBTQ (before that was even a thing). They would both travel together, roughly 60 miles a day, one way from Penn. to Essex County, NJ in a car with "personalized" license plates, long before anyone had them or even knew what they were. A personalized Penn. license plate that said "ZIPPO"! Otherwise, I did have a pair of teachers in HS that were LGBTQ but not as tightly closeted. One of them was, in fact, chair of the Math Dept. Very tough teacher, Didn't take any crap from anyone. One might actually mistake her for being a member of that certain "political organization" in 1930s - 40's Germany. But "off the clock," I'd often see her shopping in the Supermarket and she'd be very nice (although I often wish I hadn't seen her in the Supermarket) as she'd be dressed in shorts, etc..

Let's just say, even though I suspect she'd not be on "his team," she might even pique @Dirty D's interest. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I was setting up a big fuck you to my 4th grade teacher and class in Wash. State when I was supposed to play a lead role in an upcoming '63 Christmas play.

Rehearsing our lines every day, I didn't tell the teacher I would be moving back to Texas right before the holidays. Some little snitch blew it for me and they had to scramble at the last minute to get a stand in.

• Haha
Reactions: Pbgt
Had a 4th grade teacher - male- psychopath- Had crazy eyes .
He was very handsy with the girls and from asshole to extreme abuse to the boys - but only some - the weak and small and slow and poor.

Had a sissy ass principal that was terrified of the guy and denied all the claims of touching and flat out abuse .

Some parents got together and found out this had been going on for years and the asshole was on like his 5th school. Brought in police and even someone from the department of education in DC.
Photos of bruises - dozens of tales of touching - insane fucker had a fridge box in class -called it the retard corral - He’d have boys sit backwards in chairs - with chests against the back of the chair and then kick the chair . Really really fucked up .

While the case against him was building - he “resigned “ and the investigation just stopped . He went on to teach high school in a bigger city .
Years later he took his touching to another level with some high school girls - did some prison time .
At one point at the beginning of all this - that little pussy of a principal said to a group of parents- “I know MR. ^*+*^ socially as well as professionally, you’ve put me in a very uncomfortable position.”

And then proceeded to do nothing .

Our local sheriff at the time also did nothing - and sure as shit that former sheriff was having a good ol time at home with his teen /pre teen daughters .

There is a special place in hell for these mother fuckers !

He was very handsy with the girls and from asshole to extreme abuse to the boys - but only some - the weak and small and slow and poor.

Had a sissy ass principal that was terrified of the guy and denied all the claims of touching and flat out abuse .

Some parents got together and found out this had been going on for years and the asshole was on like his 5th school. Brought in police and even someone from the department of education in DC.
Photos of bruises - dozens of tales of touching - insane fucker had a fridge box in class -called it the retard corral - He’d have boys sit backwards in chairs - with chests against the back of the chair and then kick the chair . Really really fucked up .

While the case against him was building - he “resigned “ and the investigation just stopped . He went on to teach high school in a bigger city .
Years later he took his touching to another level with some high school girls - did some prison time .
At one point at the beginning of all this - that little pussy of a principal said to a group of parents- “I know MR. ^*+*^ socially as well as professionally, you’ve put me in a very uncomfortable position.”

Our local sheriff at the time also did nothing - and sure as shit that former sheriff was having a good ol time at home with his teen /pre teen daughters .

So many sick fucks out there. Why can’t they just bang sluts, hoes, and cougars like regular degenerates? Or even beer belly hairy truckers if that’s their kink?

Personally I don't really think this is anything new.
It's just stuff that was kind of always happening but kept quiet in previous decades is now all over the news.
I mean it's practically a cultural joke in much of the south about what the expected first "experiences" were...

I'm pretty sure all this kind of stuff has been going on for a very long time.
Especially when it comes to young males being used by older females, that was pretty much for centuries something you couldn't even get acknowledged as having been harmful and such.

The standard reply to that kind of stuff used to be something about how fortunate the young male was for the older female "having made a man out of him"...

Reactions: Redlion and BCP

Damn! That principal sounded kinky himself. I BET he knew the male teacher 'socially', as they practiced BDSM on each other.

I had a teacher coach in high school in his mid twenties that supposedly was banging one of the girl students. It was pretty common knowledge. I remember the principal was onto him and would call him out of class and have some pretty serious conversations with him in the hallway.

Last edited:
It's just stuff that was kind of always happening but kept quiet in previous decades is now all over the news.

I don't remember any touchy teachers but there were some bizarre ones who got moved around or fired. Kids don't really process this stuff like adults do so they just say teacher is weird or mean or whatever.

I don't remember any touchy teachers but there were some bizarre ones who got moved around or fired. Kids don't really process this stuff like adults do so they just say teacher is weird or mean or whatever.
me neither...but an attorney contacted me last year to see if I remembered anything from 2nd grade...decades ago...because he was working a case.
unfortunately i couldn't help him...

I mean it's practically a cultural joke in much of the south about what the expected first "experiences" were...

I'm pretty sure all this kind of stuff has been going on for a very long time.
Especially when it comes to young males being used by older females, that was pretty much for centuries something you couldn't even get acknowledged as having been harmful and such.

The standard reply to that kind of stuff used to be something about how fortunate the young male was for the older female "having made a man out of him"...
not just the south dude. had a GF that was from maine and worked social as a nurse for awhile. she learned about a father/daughter deal and reported it to her sup. nothing done. she was told that in that area of maine a girl's 1st child was usually produced by the father. that kinda rattled my tree. as a southerner always thought that was just down here. NOT!

I got in trouble for not being in class at the highschool when I was in 4th-5th grade. We were picking up my sister.

people thought I was an adult in jr high lol

Had a resident sub in HS who was pretty cute, a 5' 2" spinner and 24. She'd buy beer/booze for us. She was my GFs sister, so probably never had a chance. She walked in on us once, but didn't stick around or offer to join in, so... :ROFLMAO:

I was the same. Middle schools football here was divided into light and heavyweight squads. I couldn't have made the lightweight squad when I was 7. When I would meet new kids it wasn't uncommon for their parents not to want their kids hanging around with that older boy. Then they would find out I was younger or the same age. I had a goatee and mustache in the 7th grade. Man among boys as they say. In 8th grade there was only one wrestling coach that could beat me. A couple of gym teachers had to come to practice and try me too. Same, same, spent most of their time staring at the lights.🤣🤣

It's funny you say women don't fit the pedo profile. One jack ass on here was saying teachers have the highest rate of pedophilia of any profession. Of course when pressed for evidence he had none. It made me laugh though because teachers are like 80 percent women, and like you said pedos are predominently men.

What she did was stupid, grose, and wrong on so many levels. Her fiance dodged a bullet. She is a pedo. Same as a man that couldn't keep in pants with a mature for her age female 5th grader.

I have a double standard though. I think a male pedophile is worse than a woman. Probably because there were some teachers that I would have done about anything to ummm....you know....and someothers that you know, beggars cant be choosers. Might have scarred me for life though. Then I might have ended up like DirtyD. 🤣🤣🤣 But not a single one was stupid and Grose enough to go for a middle school boy. 🤣🤣🤣

I had this 23 year old math teacher when I was a senior though......damn she was hot......didn't get her either. 🤣🤣🤣

I was the same. Middle schools football here was divided into light and heavyweight squads. I couldn't have made the lightweight squad when I was 7. When I would meet new kids it wasn't uncommon for their parents not to want their kids hanging around with that older boy. Then they would find out I was younger or the same age. I had a goatee and mustache in the 7th grade. Man among boys as they say. In 8th grade there was only one wrestling coach that could beat me. A couple of gym teachers had to come to practice and try me too. Same, same, spent most of their time staring at the lights.🤣🤣

It's funny you say women don't fit the pedo profile. One jack ass on here was saying teachers have the highest rate of pedophilia of any profession. Of course when pressed for evidence he had none. It made me laugh though because teachers are like 80 percent women, and like you said pedos are predominently men.

What she did was stupid, grose, and wrong on so many levels. Her fiance dodged a bullet. She is a pedo. Same as a man that couldn't keep in pants with a mature for her age female 5th grader.

I have a double standard though. I think a male pedophile is worse than a woman. Probably because there were some teachers that I would have done about anything to ummm....you know....and someothers that you know, beggars cant be choosers. Might have scarred me for life though. Then I might have ended up like DirtyD. 🤣🤣🤣 But not a single one was stupid and Grose enough to go for a middle school boy. 🤣🤣🤣

I had this 23 year old math teacher when I was a senior though......damn she was hot......didn't get her either. 🤣🤣🤣
I don’t think women get reported as much because people act like it’s not a big deal. All pedophilia is equally bad.

Old article but there are some numbers quoted and they are startling:

In re: the "general population," I might agree. But in re: teachers, I don't think so. When I see all the YouTube videos and mug shot videos of pedo teachers, I find the majority of them are women. How many people remember the most infamous female Pedo teacher of them all, the late Mary Kay LeTourneau?"

I have a double standard though. I think a male pedophile is worse than a woman.

How so? AFAIC, the pedo's gender doesn't make a difference. They're a pedo, nonetheless. Some creep is taking advantage of a young and innocent student (yes, even pre-teen to young teen boys with activated hormones are still "innocent") and, as you say, "scarring them for life."
And I often think that's the objective of some of these pedos... the opportunity to take advantage of someone by exerting control over them.

Sexual absuse/rape/molestation or whatever, is generally not about "sexual gratification." It's about "control" gratification. It's about humiliating a person by exerting dominance and depriving them of control... control over the one thing over which they should never lose control... control over their own person... and the creep getting off on the fact that they deprived the victim of that control. And innocent kids are a Helluva lot easier to control than full, able-bodied adults.

Either that, or it's the even creepier case that the creep simply gets off on kids. I recall a song done by Dolores O'Riordan when still with The Cranberries, lamenting sexual abuse of children. She asks, "How can you get satisfaction from the body of a child?" Remember that "satisfaction" need not always be "coital." It can be "visual." It can be "tactile." It can be "oral." And, given that, any child of any age could be "vulnerable."

It's the one crime for which I'd make a rare exception and add to the list of "capital offenses." Molestation/abuse of a child.

Probably because there were some teachers that I would have done about anything to ummm....you know....and someothers that you know, beggars cant be choosers. Might have scarred me for life though. Then I might have ended up like DirtyD. 🤣🤣🤣 But not a single one was stupid and Grose enough to go for a middle school boy. 🤣🤣🤣

Good thing for both of you. It would still be "Statutory Rape" under most state laws, even if you had already reached the "Age of Consent" in your state. It's the "position of trust" thing. You can't be nailing a partner if you have a "position of trust" relationship with that partner (i.e. Teacher/Student, Guidance Counselor/Student, Camp Counselor/Student, Scout leader/scout, clergy/parishoner, etc. etc. etc.). In my former state of the PRNJ, the term "Incest" applies not only to people who are "related by blood" but also by what they call "Affinity." Those would be people like "in-laws," "Adopted," and "positions of trust."

Last edited:
Reactions: Eostech
I don’t think women get reported as much because people act like it’s not a big deal. All pedophilia is equally bad.
I dont think women get reported as much because their victims tend to be older and their motivation tends to be sexual. And they are often pursued by the victim.

A part of i wrote i feel is being taken out of context. I don't see someone who has sex with a sexually active HS student as the same as pedo. So, when I say double standard. I am not talking about children, but young adults. 16, 17, 18, 19 years old. Its bad its wrong but how bad is more case by case. People who abuse children or their spouse, use fear to hold power over them, I have use for.