• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Precision Rifle Gear Without warning- TMB

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 90
Well, how does it do shooting it? Did you notice a difference?

It's almost as long as a can.

Has anyone shot theirs yet? How's the concussion?

I shot mine at K&M 2 day and in local matches last month and it was great. Much less concussion at the shooter than the TMB.

ETA: I did some comparisons and scope footage on my IG and YouTube as well.

Is it worth $500+? Do yall think it is better/less better than say Area 419 Hellfire Match, ATS or ACE brakes?
I will say the performance it’s awesome. Low blast at the shooter, little muzzle rise and low recoil. You cannot fix bad fundamentals in most cases with gear. Gear will mask bad fundamentals, but will still bite you at times.

If you are on the fence and don’t have all the cash in the world try to find someone/friend at a local match that might have one and get a few rounds off and see how you like it. Then you can really determine the worth. All that said, I’m pretty sure I’ve sold 3-4 people on one at the train up day for the Punisher Positional letting folks shoot my gun with the Chad. 😂

Last edited:
I will say the performance it’s awesome. Low blast at the shooter, little muzzle rise and low recoil. You cannot fix bad fundamentals in most cases with gear. Gear will mask bad fundamentals, but will still bite you at times.

If you are on the fence and don’t have all the cash in the world try to find someone/friend at a local match that might have one and get a few rounds off and see how you like it. Then you can really determine the worth. All that said, I’m pretty sure I’ve sold 3-4 people on one at the train up day for the Punisher Positional letting folks shoot my gun with the Chad. 😂
I just broke down and bought one. There is a place online that rymes with pullit Bentral that has them.

Reactions: jthor
I got play with one last week and it was very nice to shoot. Recoil was like 223 and muzzle flip was minor. This was shooting a 6 Dasher. I am seriously thinking about getting one, but it may have to wait after I get new barrel. The high cost is the major deterrent on the purchase.

Same (but I wanna try it, and at least I didn’t have to wait a year lol).
I would normally laugh at people buying them becuase the price and owner BJ is a douchbag....but people I trust told me it's the most effective brake they have ever used and very shooter friendly. Well see. I might throw it on a 6.5cm and shoot a regional with it.

I would normally laugh at people buying them becuase the price and owner BJ is a douchbag....but people I trust told me it's the most effective brake they have ever used and very shooter friendly. Well see. I might throw it on a 6.5cm and shoot a regional with it.

Lol, I actually changed my mind and sent a message about canceling my order… hopefully they catch it.

I care more about keeping my hearing and not driving home with a headache than I do about muzzle rise, so I’m just going to stick with the ACE.

I do sort of remember the douchebaggery now that you mentioned it, so I guess that’s a plus. 😝

The chad is supposed to be much more shooter friendly than the tmb. It's why they designed it. Well see. I have ACE, APA, ATS and A419 brakes to compare it to as well as cans.

I just read and watched some reviews on it and while most reported much less blast, all reported there was still noticeable felt concussion. If one can feel concussion, then it's damaging their hearing, period. Concussion waves literally shake our bones, and since our inner ears are connected to our skeletons, there's no hiding from the damage (ear pro or not).

That, and I decided I'd like to try a few shots through somebody else's before dropping 600 bucks on one lol.

Last edited:
The chad is supposed to be much more shooter friendly than the tmb. It's why they designed it. Well see. I have ACE, APA, ATS and A419 brakes to compare it to as well as cans.
Completely different. There is no concussion effect like the TMB. It is way more effective as a brake compared to ACE, APA, etc.

Well, so much for un-cancelling my order... I was refunded after all anyway and now they're sold out lol.

It's probably for the best, I've read some comments regarding the CHAD like "turkey-baster to the face" and stuff like that which tells me the CHAD might not be for me and I'd rather try one before throwing down 600 duckets.

Though, for ~$600 it better be good, lots of guys are saying it isn't any better than the $200 MPA DN5, and I hope we're not just paying for dude to buy more obnoxious, giant, cringy, rose-gold watches like he's rocking in his YouTube videos (geez, at least buy a Sinn, Tudor, Rolex, or something with some class, not something that screams "look it me, I'm new money" dang 😝).

TBH, the mailman came and I'm far more interested in this, ACE cone of shame:

tempImage8NAHda.pngtempImageTqwzqM.png

Reactions: iceng
Well, so much for un-cancelling my order... I was refunded after all anyway and now they're sold out lol.

It's probably for the best, I've read some comments regarding the CHAD like "turkey-baster to the face" and stuff like that which tells me the CHAD might not be for me and I'd rather try one before throwing down 600 duckets.

Though, for ~$600 it better be good, lots of guys are saying it isn't any better than the $200 MPA DN5, and I hope we're not just paying for dude to buy more obnoxious, giant, cringy, rose-gold watches like he's rocking in his YouTube videos (geez, at least buy a Sinn, Tudor, Rolex, or something with some class, not something that screams "look it me, I'm new money" dang 😝).

View attachment 8481830View attachment 8481831
Lol better run without a brake with that stupid setup 😂

View attachment 8481830View attachment 8481831

IMG_2363.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: CaseFinder
It's worth the money. I don't notice the blast/concusion as the shooter and it's the flattest brake I have ever shot.

Compare the 14oz CHAD to an MPA DN5 + a set of mlok weights at the end of your forend and I think you'll find it costs ~$350 too much. It's flat shooting because it weighs more than a full diet Coors hanging off the end of one's barrel.

Both the CHAD and the DN5 have way too much concussion for me... rifles are my cheap hobby compared to my guitars and other audio gear, so I sort of need to hold onto my hearing lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Nik H
The DN5 is significantly worse from a blast perspective. I let some very good shooters shoot my gun after the match and they were blown away how there is zero movement of your reticle. Guys were watching me shoot and commenting how the barrel just didn't move.

The weight has nothing to do with it. My gun is about 23lbs. I used to shoot a 27lb gun and it had significantly more recoil and muzzle jump. Every person who has shot it, asked me where they can buy one.

I rather you not buy one. They are hard enough to source as it.