• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

WOA, Criterion, or??? 16" SPR/Recce build

KCode

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2019
Ok you guys talking me into returning the Rosco barrel.

But now I'm back to square one with choosing a barrel. I'd like to keep it sub $450 MAX. What would my best option be for a 16" SPR/Recce whatever you want to call it?

Object will be most accurate possible, MPVO, red dot.

You guys don't flog me here. But why are all the WOA barrels silver? I was really hoping for a black barrel to match the rest of the build. The silver just doesn't look right I'm afraid. (Yes I'm aware that concern is dumb)

You guys don't flog me here. But why are all the WOA barrels silver? I was really hoping for a black barrel to match the rest of the build. The silver just doesn't look right I'm afraid. (Yes I'm aware that concern is dumb)
They are stainless. You can also have WOA bead blast it to a matte finish. It will be a really nice, dull, matte grey.

Reactions: jh2785
Craddock has been around, has a stellar reputation as one of premier barrel shops for ARs in the business. Paul came from WOA and the turn out premium barrels. Their Ready To Rock (RTR) line is new but are cut by the same te as their premium barrels but with lower price blanks, still stand behind them though! And a second for @Short-bus

Craddock has been around, has a stellar reputation as one of premier barrel shops for ARs in the business. Paul came from WOA and the turn out premium barrels. Their Ready To Rock (RTR) line is new but are cut by the same te as their premium barrels but with lower price blanks, still stand behind them though! And a second for @Short-bus

Who is Rock Creek?

"Craddock Precision proudly presents the Ready to Rock (RTR) line of barrels, meticulously crafted for peak performance on every shot. Engineered on premium Rock Creek barrel blanks, these barrels deliver unparalleled accuracy and reliability. Elevate your shooting experience with the perfect blend of quality and affordability. Unleash the precision – Ready to Rock, by Craddock Precision."

You know it makes me feel kinda old when someone says "who is Rock Creek"? lol

Rock Creek Barrels is one of the OG's in the custom barrel making business, Methuselah called them for barrels back in the day.

So who would you compare them to? Green Mountain? Or are we talking Bartlein?

Blackstone Arms is another option to consider. Their 12.5" midlength barrel I have put up a very nice group for me.

See the "Zero Con" group. Paster is 1".
IMG_20240711_142242_629.jpg