• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Worrisome news about John Force

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
Moving this to its own thread, 16 time Funny Car champion and winner of 157 races, John Force is said to be improving.

However, the report from John Force Racing is that he has been moved to Neurological ICU for an unspecified head injury. It has been widely reported that he was responsive when he was taken to the hospital after the accident. However, again, Michael Schumacher, 7 time Formula 1 World Champion was also responsive and talking when he was loaded into the Medivac helicopter following his ski accident. He was basically placed in a medically induced coma and has never recovered, remaining a total physical and mental invalid

Thus saying, having worked with closed head injuries on many patients in my working life, this has the ring of something very serious. Like him, hate him or could care less about him, like everyone else who has ever suffered a head injury, he needs our prayers

I happened to be watching that event live when he crashed, it was pretty intense.

I'm just shocked that he's still racing at that level at his age. You would think the intesity of top fuel funny car would just beat his body up so much to make it difficult. I'm 30 years younger than he is, and a weekend of gokart racing is intense for me, I can't picture myself doing it in my mid 70's. We have a guy that does it (and smokes most of us) who's 62, which gives me a little hope I can do it for a while.

Branden

This is eerily similar to Eric Medlins crash. I hope Forces outcome is different but I’d be lying if I’m not expecting the worst.
I’m friends with John Medlen , Erics’ Dad. After Eric died John was instrumental in developing a neck harness that is now used through out NHRA. He was John Forces crew-chief , among others. He said without a doubt Force was totally fearless.
Anytime someone straps into a Nitro funny car or dragster, they are cheating the Reaper. I wish him a recovery , after the latest crash I hope he hangs it up. 👍

Edit : John Medlen had a shop close to my house that he used that was between the coasts. He befriended my Uncle who owned a mom & pop grocery store. He made sandwiches for various crews that were here. Since my uncle was a NHRA charter member , and raced until he was close to 80 , he became friends with lots of racers and their crews.
John and Eric gifted these cars to him out of friendship. I inherited them.

IMG_1691.jpeg

Last edited:
He's 75. We all know how much harder and harder it gets to bounce back the older you get.

I used to heal like Wolverine (I could watch an injury heal). I never used band-aids or ever bandaged a wound; didn't need to. Now I have to dress everything and treat everything and it still takes twice as long to heal. Prayers for a legend.

That kind of injury is bad to begin with. At that age it's difficult recovery.

:(

Got many John signatures over the years. Hope he recovers.

He's a pretty damn decent human being, not a bit like the person he comes across on TV.
I did some work on a 1500 +/- foot wrought iron fence/gates around his place in Yorba Linda Ca.
Having seen this kind of head trauma from other racers of various vehicles I don't have very high hopes.
Yup he’s cool people. He used to come into the hardware store I worked at when I was a kid in YL and he was just a dad with his family.