• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

WSM mags ???

FamilyMan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2011
Utah
I am building a WSM that I need AI type mags for what is the best ones to go with? They will go in a manners mini chassis for now and possibly a surgeon DBM in the future. Mostly for hunting but target in the off season

Re: WSM mags ???

If you order a Manner mini-chassis they will provide you with either a 3 or 7 round (your choice) Accurate Mag for the 300 WSM. As far as I can tell, they are exactly like AICS mags except with feedlips modified to accept the larger case:

http://www.accurate-mag.com/Magazines.html

Since Manners supplies them with their mini-chassis, it's safe to say you can count on their reliability and function.

You can also order these mags directly from accurate mag but you need to call or email them; you can't order from their website. They offer a military discount.

Some people like the Alpha mags. Not me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCDR JGB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you order a Manner mini-chassis they will provide you with either a 3 or 7 round (your choice) Accurate Mag for the 300 WSM. As far as I can tell, they are exactly like AICS mags except with feedlips modified to accept the larger case:

http://www.accurate-mag.com/Magazines.html

Since Manners supplies them with their mini-chassis, it's safe to say you can count on their reliability and function.

You can also order these mags directly from accurate mag but you need to call or email them; you can't order from their website. They offer a military discount.

Some people like the Alpha mags. Not me.</div></div> I can't find an email address for them on their website can anyone post it for me?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flying Dutchman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AW or AICS mags? Alpha makes a WSM mag for the AICS.</div></div> AICS

I will have to give them a call next week if they are open.

1 last question:
From what I have gathered it seems like the wsm Accurate Mag is just the .308 mag opened up wider at the feed lips. I already have an extra 10rd and 5rd .308 accurate mags can I just open those up and if so what are the dimensions to open them up to? or can you send them in to be opened up?