• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

X-caliber barrel sale and info......

Schw15

Longrange
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    20% off. How does there barrel blanks compare to other blanks? Criterion, perfered barrel blanks ect. or cut rifle? Not saying they are equal to cut but results from people that had them? Had one for prefit for a small amount of time shot great but didn't know overall.

I've got an X-Cal 1:8 twist 22-250AI on my Bighorn TL3. I have nothing but great things to say about it! Currently enjoying the 88 gr ELDM and RL-23, but it seems to shoot most projectiles well.

Outstanding performance, especially for the price. This was my first time taking it out past the 200 yard ranges near Cleveland.

This was 3 shot group at 340 yards:
    85EA8B3B-AF38-45A7-852B-1DE294CF6103.jpeg
    BBD1C8C8-14C6-4BF3-8B53-0500350F4390.jpeg

Then 4 at 560 yards:
    7E2966EC-9782-4160-8804-8E52813ED116.jpeg

51788421-D3D0-460D-8BCD-E37CAC4987F1.jpeg

Then 4 at 780 yards:
    2E7D72C5-68F9-457A-907B-F824AA6EFA01.jpeg
    5BD7F92D-A61F-4ABE-9726-7AFF2914C7C9.jpeg

Reactions: 260284 and Schw15
    I've got an X-Cal 1:8 twist 22-250AI on my Bighorn TL3. I have nothing but great things to say about it! Currently enjoying the 88 gr ELDM and RL-23, but it seems to shoot most projectiles well.

Outstanding performance, especially for the price. This was my first time taking it out past the 200 yard ranges near Cleveland.

This was 3 shot group at 340 yards:
    View attachment 7747125View attachment 7747126

Then 4 at 560 yards:
    View attachment 7747128

View attachment 7747127
    Then 4 at 780 yards:
    View attachment 7747129View attachment 7747130
    Prefit from them? Looks good to me great shooting

Reactions: waspocrew
    I built a bolt action Savage in 224 Val, I used one of their barrels.
    Just a heads up it took about 25 shots for the barrel to break in and settle down. When it finally decided to start shooting it was magic.
    With 88 Gr ELDs it is stunning ! on more than one occasion I have shot 3 into 1 hole @ 100 yds.

I have one in 22-250 AI and love it. If it says anything, MPA now offers rifles with them as well. Great quality barrel and the guys who run the shop are great as well. I was curious to the freebore on one of their reamers and was able to get the answer in 5 minutes over the phone. I’ll keep using them.

Reactions: Highbrass
    I actually want a 22-250 AI, just haven't "pulled the trigger" yet! I even went so far as to get dies. I'm very curious what a fast twist and heavies will shoot like ?
    I'm waiting on a .270 Win barrel right now. Ordered back in October, and like everyone else they are backed up. .270 Win has the potential to be a nice long range round with the right components. I'm going to experiment ... The Remage setup will be so much better! I am going to test the Barloc on the .270 I might be buying more...

I actually want a 22-250 AI, just haven't "pulled the trigger" yet! I even went so far as to get dies. I'm very curious what a fast twist and heavies will shoot like ?
    I'm waiting on a .270 Win barrel right now. Ordered back in October, and like everyone else they are backed up. .270 Win has the potential to be a nice long range round with the right components. I'm going to experiment ... The Remage setup will be so much better! I am going to test the Barloc on the .270 I might be buying more...
    I've heard so much mixed things about the barlok but looks so awesome to switch barrels fast

Just got my X-Cal barreled 6mm Grendel out for the first time in months to check zero. I'm not even good at gas gun group shooting and this is the first five rounds fired.
    20211127_153719.jpg

Reactions: Schw15
    cool, was looking for a 300 PRC CF barrel for incoming archimedes, will give them a try. Now to find a good option for the barrel nuts. X-caliber's $36 price seems a bit high for what they offer in a barrel nut.

cool, was looking for a 300 PRC CF barrel for incoming archimedes, will give them a try. Now to find a good option for the barrel nuts. X-caliber's $36 price seems a bit high for what they offer in a barrel nut.
    The only barrel I had of theres was a prefit from crown ridge barrel works great to work with and they do great work and great prices. They have there own nut and wrench. Not sure if they have any CF barrels in stock

I've been shooting their barrels for about 4 years now, and have installed dozens onto customers rifle builds as well. Haven't had one not shoot yet, like some folks said they have a break in period which I have seen go up to 150-ish rounds before they settle in. Not terribly bad groups mind you during break-in, hovering around 1" and then they all of a sudden shrink down to dime size or smaller, and I've had the barrel speed up during this time up to 60-ish FPS.

Reactions: Schw15
    I've been shooting their barrels for about 4 years now, and have installed dozens onto customers rifle builds as well. Haven't had one not shoot yet, like some folks said they have a break in period which I have seen go up to 150-ish rounds before they settle in. Not terribly bad groups mind you during break-in, hovering around 1" and then they all of a sudden shrink down to dime size or smaller, and I've had the barrel speed up during this time up to 60-ish FPS.
    The one I had shot 1/2 moa or less from day one but my only barrel. Looks like there hammers

I did a group buy several years ago with X-Caliber barrels. Have installed 4 on various rifles and all have shot as well as any other rifles. Had Bob Green build a 6XC for me, during the build he had a minor concern, I called X-Caliber and they said if a problem they'd replace the barrel. Bob finished the rifle and it shot lights out. I'd buy their barrels again with no question.

Reactions: j741 and Schw15
    Barrel nuts run $30-50+. It is what it is. You're not paying a gunsmith $300+, so it kinda works out.

X-caliber has great shooting barrels and top notch customer service. It's been a minute since I've had to use their customer service, which is nice.