• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those talking about taller rings, don't overlook the AI mounts, moa built in and the perfect height for these chassis's.

2wn1rop.jpg
</div></div>

jasonk: What is the diameter of your objective on this scope in this photo if you don't mind me asking? I have been thinking about getting this mount for my Tikka T3 varmint when I get my XLR chassis, hopefully within the next 2 weeks.

I have decided to order one of the Evolution chassis for my Savage LA. I was doing some looking on the XLR site and saw that they do inlet for a Savage LA, but then when looking at the 'Technical' page it shows weight of a Savage 110. I have a Savage 111. Can anyone tell me if the 110 and 111 are the same? Or if changes need to be made to the chassis? Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lrkcs332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have decided to order one of the Evolution chassis for my Savage LA. I was doing some looking on the XLR site and saw that they do inlet for a Savage LA, but then when looking at the 'Technical' page it shows weight of a Savage 110. I have a Savage 111. Can anyone tell me if the 110 and 111 are the same? Or if changes need to be made to the chassis? Thanks. </div></div>
Nevermind. Kyle answered the question for me. Can't wait to order mine up!!

has anyone confirmed the wait time on the XLR stock?
and is anyone having a hard time getting ahold of them i have been trying for the last 3 days and no go. email and phone.

thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joemusso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone confirmed the wait time on the XLR stock?
and is anyone having a hard time getting ahold of them i have been trying for the last 3 days and no go. email and phone.

thank you </div></div>

From what I gather, Kyle is in the middle of a move right now. He's been getting so much business that he had to move to a bigger shop. The reply to an email I sent said that he would be closed till the 5th of December and would reply to all emails then. I ordered my XLR chassis for my Tikka Varmint on the 27th of September. Just wanted to know if I'd get it by Christmas. Sure would make a nice Christmas present to myself.
wink.gif

Got mine the other day just short of 16 weeks. Even at that, it's worth the wait - fit & finish is just outstanding. I still have to choose optics and I'm also waiting on my LRA bipod, so I wasn't really in a hurry for this build anyway.

I've been in CNC machining for 23 years, so I know what it can be like to be bombarded with orders and get behind. I also know truly professional work when I see it, and this certainly qualifies.

Don't let the wait scare you off. If you're on the fence over ordering one of these, go ahead & do it - you won't be disappointed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_1224.jpg
</div></div>
epic pic! where you training or on the job?

That one was a work pic of my .308.

Just got my .223 finished up today. Rem700 SPS in .223 cut & threaded at 18", SAS suppressor, Seekins rings (1.26") & 20MAO base and a NF 5.5-22x50 NR-R1.

IMG_1235.jpg

Thinking about going with a Multicam dip this time around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_1224.jpg
</div></div>

AWESOME PHOTO!

I love the architectural features of that stadium, especially the outside. Can't stand the team though lol
smile.gif

Anyone talked with Kyle lately, I have tried e-mail, voice mail and no reply's for the last 3 weeks or more. I've been waiting on my stock for 23 weeks or so, just trying to figure whats going on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone talked with Kyle lately, I have tried e-mail, voice mail and no reply's for the last 3 weeks or more. I've been waiting on my stock for 23 weeks or so, just trying to figure whats going on. </div></div>

That would have been a helpfull tidbit 9 weeks ago when I ordered mine.
I was quoted 8 - 10 weeks, I'm going to allow an additional two because of the holidays.

Have you tried PM here on the hide?
He is a member, don't know how often he checks his account.
When I spoke to him, he had been out in the shop working. I am certain he is extremely busy, your order may have fallen through the cracks. Sucks, but it does happen.

I guess he is moving shops so I'm sure he is busy, it would just be nice to hear that from the source and a return e-mail or vocie mail would be nice!

He did call me about 3 1/2 weeks ago and said it was done but have not talked with him since and i don't have the stock yet.

thats why I asked if anyone had heard from him.

I got an email from Kyle today. He explained that he had been busy moving shop and is vigorously working on answering the emails that he has received. I'm sure he has quite a pileup in his inbox. He did have good news for me, though.
grin.gif

Rudy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rudynix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got an email from Kyle today. He explained that he had been busy moving shop and is vigorously working on answering the emails that he has received. I'm sure he has quite a pileup in his inbox. He did have good news for me, though.
grin.gif

Rudy </div></div>

Thanks for the update. 8-10 weeks would have put it at my doorstep within the next week but with the delay I'll probably get it sometime in January. Fine by me as I don't even have a rifle to put in it yet...

Got my chassis today and wasted no time installing it on my Tikka when I got home from work.

Tikka T3 Varmint 223 Remington
Vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24x50mm mil/mil
AI Integrated 30mm Scope Rings w/18 MOA Slope
GG&G Extreme Duty Bipod
TAB Gear Sling w/Flush Cups
XLR Industries Evolution Chassis w/14 Inch Hand-Guard and Tactical Butt Stock
XLR Industries Picatinny Rail Kit
XLR Industries Benchrest Plate
XLR Industries Picatinny Sling Mount
AI Detachable Magazine

6632705293_75ec4698ea_b.jpg

6663035743_915fe7ee20_b.jpg

6663036629_8eda6bb0c6_b.jpg

6663044609_d5d319b11f_b.jpg

6663038331_d7e7e2ce18_b.jpg

You are going to love the XLR Chassis. I have three of them now.....One Remmy, One Thompson Icon and One Savage. I will post pics soon....Kyle is great to do business with and his Chassis are top notch.

Here,s mine.
Its a surgeon in 6mmBr, built by myself.
We had around 25 delivered a while ago, unfortunatly all were damaged in shipping to England, so they will have to have paint, or be sold cheap.
I decided i liked the look of the A-tacs cammo and had a go on my own in several shades of duracoat. Very pleased with the results. Its a great stock.

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

It is worth the wait...I had to wait nearly 16 weeks for my Thompson Icon custom inlet from Kyle....but definitely worth the wait. Here are some pics of the Herd:

Thompson Icon Precision Hunter 308

Remington 700 6.5 Creedmoor

Savage 243

The bottom pic of the target is a 5 round group from the 6.5 Creedmoor bolted into the Chassis...no bedding. The circle is a 1 inch bull. BTW if you are looking for a great Gunsmith...Charlie Robertson at Scorehigh in Albuquerque builds a tack driver..!!! The Thompson shoots the same way just bolted in. And Kyle at XLR is great to deal with...Haven't got to do load development for the 243.

IMG_20120104_183006.jpg

IMG_20120101_154456.jpg

I am excited to see everyone is enjoying their chassis!

We are finally getting settled into our new shop and production is already speeding up.

Tom, your chassis is coming soon I promise. Sometimes those custom inlets can be trying...your patience is very appreciated.

Mark, we do not have the Model 70 inlets yet. I do have a FN SPR inlet but it differs from the Mdl 70 in the trigger well area.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Finally got mine ordered yesterday. I agree Kyle is a great guy to work with, very knowledgeable and friendly. I will be putting it on my Savage 10 FCP-K .308. Got a Atlas bipod to go with it, and a Vortex PST FFP 6-24 scope. This will be my first rifle so I am really excited.

Got my tracking number today. Just a couple of days over 12 weeks since I ordered it.

Not bad cosidering Thanksgiving, Christmas Holidays and the shop move.

Haven't decided if I am going to krylon it though.
All reports are that the fit and finish is superb, but it is for a working rifle.

Ok, this may be a dumb question but I cannot figure out the correct ring height. I know they have the formula but I can only find the numbers for my scope. If anyone has the same rig I would appreciate the help because I only want to order rings once. I have a Savage 10FCP-K in .308 with a EGW heavy duty 20moa base. Vortex PST FFP 6-24 scope with the outside diameter of 2.26".
I would like to use the Burris XTR xtra high rings which are listed as 1.00". Would that be enough to clear? I will be using Buttler creek caps. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks.