• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Zeiss 6.5-20x50 MOA Help

DerekD337

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2011
LOUISIANA
I have a zeiss 6.5-20x50 on my Rem 5R 300 win mag on a McRees precision chassis. Right now I have standard Leupold rings but want to upgrade to Nightforce 1piece base and mount. Can someone give me some info on what MOA base I need to go with to get full adjustment and range with this setup and also be able to sight in @ 100Yds on paper?! I read on several sites that this scope has 75 MOA of elevation but by turning the dial I only get 45 MOA!! Is this correct??
I would really appreciate any help I can get and also if anyone recommends any other base and mount please let me know because I'm open to suggestions and new ideas!!
Thanks

Re: Zeiss 6.5-20x50 MOA Help

Yes...it is a zeiss conquest 6.5-20x50. What ring height would I need to get to clear my barrel with a 20 MOA base? If I would go more than 20 MOA would I still be able to sight in @ 100??
Thanks for the info!!

In my experience the 20 MOA will just about bottom out your scope, if not all the way (not a bad thing). I had mine mounted via standard Badger rings and with a heavier barrel than yours, which tells me the standards should work for you.

20 MOA base and low (0.76") rings will work. I use Seekins Precision low rings on all my Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 scopes. You will be very close to bottoming out the scope with a 100 yard zero.