• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

10/22 jewell trigger acting up

boomdoggie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2011
Texas
I have had my jewell since 98 when I bought it from Arnold jewell, and it has been flawless until lately, It will not reliably reset. I have cleaned it with lighter fluid, and checked all the springs. And since jewell doesn't ever touch these any more I am at a loss. I took it over to kidd after a phone call and after 5 minutes he tried to sell me one of his triggers. Anyone have a suggestion or idea of what is causing this
thanks

Its going to have to go back to Jewell. I dont even know if they will service them anymore. Kinda doubt it. But a quick phone call will answer it.

I strongly recommend Kidd triggers. I have owned a few of the Jewells over the years. The Kidd is much better than the Jewell.

well they only made like 1000 of these triggers, they were a pet project of Arnold jewell and since he was the only one who made them and is now dead I understand them not knowing anything about them. They have been great on my 700 triggers. It is just this dang 10/22 trigger, I found the patent info and they cut sheets so I guess I am going to take it apart and inspect it. Hopefully it is stupid obvious and not something is off by a 1000th of an inch.