• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

120 TTSX Load Dev for 6.5 CM?

WilburW

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2018
I’m starting to work up a deer hunting load for my Bergara 6.5CM. Picked up some TTSX 120 grain projectiles.
I’ve always used H4350 in this rifle with good results. Anyone have a good load for this combination? Are they seating depth sensitive? (The throat on this Bergara seems pretty long.). My initial testing has been mediocre…

I run them in a 260 rem, close but not exactly the same as the 6.5 CM (a little more case capacity). I run them at 42.7gn of 4350, but the load for a 6.5 CM would likely be a little less because of the different case capacity. I have always had best results with the Barnes bullets around .050 jump, plus or minus. I actually like the 123 LRX a bit better than the 120 TTSX, but they are very close for load purposes.

Not ttsx and with 123 Scenars in a short 6.5 barrel, I just ran some tests with h4350 based off suggestions from the Hodgdon webpage and got great speed and accuracy a ways below their listed max.

Cant remember exact charge.