• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes 2000 dollar scope budget

I'm happy with my purchase at the end of the day. And I'm thankful to the knowledge of the guys on here for helping me out. I wish I had the coin for a z comp or a nf beast but I'm used to 500 to 700 scopes. I cant fathom dropping 4 or 5g to hit steel. I aint delta force and I aint protecting our country.... Unless called upon. Or joe Biden wins..... Which ever comes first. But I think the razor will do just fine in any circumstance I put it in. Please be the first to tell me if I'm wrong.

Ok I bought the razor today. All I'm after is how much does the money justify a z comp or a nf beast. Is the diff that much. I mean optical quality and tracking. I just dont see how 4k or 5k is so much better. Please let me in on the secret
At the end of the day a ZComp has better glass and is supposedly more durable (haven't tested it), not to mention the tracking accuracy. High tier scopes generally track 100% more often than mid teir. That better glass allows you to do things that are much harder to do with mid teir scopes. Seeing partially hidden targets, watch trace while shooting, etc. It may or may not be worth it to you, but it does do things that the razor cant, or at least makes it much easier, and the processes and parts that allow it to do these things are expensive.

It's kind of like lab equipment. Precision makes cost go up exponentially. Same for scope quality. What's the thousand dollar difference between the PST and the Razor? Same idea.

I highly doubt you'll be disappointed with the Razor, as it's a great scope.

Mate stop doubting your purchase. To the average shooter it’s all a bees dick. So much money is wasted on the latest and greatest. Cracks me up! We all want want want....but don’t need it.

Reactions: TrevK
How do you like the XTR3? I'm also looking for a scope and that one is on my radar.
I love it, it’s the best scope I have ever had. I was in the same boat as the OP and had never owned a scope more than the $500 range. I was settled on the Razor gen 2 until I read the limited but good reviews on the XTR3. Then I decided to throw it in the cart and see the liberty optics price! I clicked buy and saw another discount pop up and couldn’t resist putting the card info in!! My review is worthless since I have no experience with $$ scopes. Wish I could be more helpful with it other than saying I don’t think anyone would regret it!

I'm not justifying a 2 k scope is equal I just wanna know what 3500 or 5000 gets me compared to 2000
You are a virgin and asking how to make bitches cum with a candestick and a butt plug.

Trying to explain something you cant understand yet, is pointless. In time you will understand.

Cliff notes - Yes high end scopes are worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: Watchale and HTX_17
I know you said $2k. But *if* you can swing another couple hundred, you can add some used schmidts to your list. The prices schmidts go for used is pretty damn good.

Otherwise, buy a used gen 2 razor and spend the rest on ammo.

I know this scope is way under your price range but perhaps you should take a look at the Meopta Optika 6 line. I purchased two of them last year. the 4.5-27 for me and the 3-18 for my son. I have to tell you that I have been extremely impressed with the quality of the scopes. So far they've tracked perfectly out to 1000 yards and back dozens of times and I would say the glass is 80% of my S&B PMII. The 4.5-27 does get dark past 25x but still usable, the 3-18 is crystal clear throughout it's entire range. The only thing I'm not too thrilled with is the horseshoe reticle but since I have them on hunting rifles, it's actually very convenient at low magnification.
I'm looking at an optika6, 2.5-15 for a varmint gun, coyotes prairie dogs and target shooting, do you feel it's decent for that purpose?

Honestly the 500 dollar scopes have always blew me away, let alone this. I also have heard if you try the nightforce warrenty that it is never their fault. I cant stand arrogent people. I mean I'm sure their built good but shit happens. Just sold my crimson trace 2 series today to help pay for this and it was the clearest ive ever looked thru.
I have a series 3 5-25x56 and a nikon black x1000 6-24x50, working on getting a few others to try as well

Nothing wrong with a Razor Gen 2...nice solid scope. Only draw back is the weight. @Solidsnake85 next time I'm down at the Hazzard, KY range...I'll let you know ahead of time...maybe let you look through a ZCO 5-27 MPCT3.....maybe let you fire some 300PRC at their 1600yd target. I might not be down that way again until spring though.

Reactions: CSTactical
Only thing about my crimson I didn't like was no zero stop. And I had the x1000 on a bergara b 14. Again no zero stop but pretty fair scope
The zero stop is something I'd like on my x1000 as well
I love my XTR3 and still want a razor gen 2! And ZCO, maybe a Mark5, ooh a kahles!! I need more guns for these future scopes now that I think of it..
Forgot a tangent theta and maybe Swarovski

Nothing wrong with a Razor Gen 2...nice solid scope. Only draw back is the weight. @Solidsnake85 next time I'm down at the Hazzard, KY range...I'll let you know ahead of time...maybe let you look through a ZCO 5-27 MPCT3.....maybe let you fire some 300PRC at their 1600yd target. I might not be down that way again until spring though.
I didnt even know hazzard had a rang. Whats it called. I'm only 1.5 hours from there

I'm happy with my purchase at the end of the day. And I'm thankful to the knowledge of the guys on here for helping me out. I wish I had the coin for a z comp or a nf beast but I'm used to 500 to 700 scopes. I cant fathom dropping 4 or 5g to hit steel. I aint delta force and I aint protecting our country.... Unless called upon. Or joe Biden wins..... Which ever comes first. But I think the razor will do just fine in any circumstance I put it in. Please be the first to tell me if I'm wrong.

Dude.....RELAX

What you bought will serve you well. Really. Just put it on a rifle, forget about the next new shiny thing, and go shoot.

Dude.....RELAX

What you bought will serve you well. Really. Just put it on a rifle, forget about the next new shiny thing, and go shoot.
I wasnt worried about the quality no being good. I was flipping out cause I dropped 2g on a scope. I knew it is quality. I was just trying to see how 3500 to 5000 could be that much better than 2000. I got the scope in yesterday and was impressed beyond words. Nicest glass ive ever owned. I had debated for years about getting this scope because of the price.

I didnt even know hazzard had a rang. Whats it called. I'm only 1.5 hours from there

I don't know what it is actually called. The local club has a face book page...I don't do face book...but you can look it up. It is a 3hr drive for me and I've always gone with someone that knows the place. You will need a truck most of the time to get back to the range...it is a good bit off the road on some old strip mine coal land.

I don't know what it is actually called. The local club has a face book page...I don't do face book...but you can look it up. It is a 3hr drive for me and I've always gone with someone that knows the place. You will need a truck most of the time to get back to the range...it is a good bit off the road on some old strip mine coal land.
Lol I figured it was on a strip mine. Thats the only way we can shoot long range in these mountains. I'm a former underground miner. Unless you find a cleared out field. 150 yards is a long shot

Lol I figured it was on a strip mine. Thats the only way we can shoot long range in these mountains. I'm a former underground miner. Unless you find a cleared out field. 150 yards is a long shot

First time down to Hazzard they kept telling me how you can shoot out to 1600 yards and it is all wide open...not shooting peak to peak...but a nice long range and you can see for a few miles...I was like "In Hazzard?....Hazzard, KY? There isn't 10 feet that aren't angled in Hazzard."...When I got there...sure enough...they striped out enough to see for a few miles. Lot's of people riding ATV's off to the right of the range as well.

First time down to Hazzard they kept telling me how you can shoot out to 1600 yards and it is all wide open...not shooting peak to peak...but a nice long range and you can see for a few miles...I was like "In Hazzard?....Hazzard, KY? There isn't 10 feet that aren't angled in Hazzard."...When I got there...sure enough...they striped out enough to see for a few miles. Lot's of people riding ATV's off to the right of the range as well.
Sounds like anywhere in east ky

I know a 500 dollar scope isnt comparible to a 2 k scope. But after the stars align is 3500 to 5k worth it. I mean when does optic quality end

when does optic quality end" This got me thinking coming from a 3k guy ZCO, NF ATACR i feel “It’s better to have and not need, than need and not have

I know its a big debate but the razor gen I just got seems to have everything I will ever want or need
The price the razors are selling for right now is tough to beat. Plenty of reticle options for them as well.
For me I wish I had never looked through the glass of an S&B 5-25 before I thought to myself-that's a nice piece of glass
I have the Gen II and saved about 50% and don’t regret it at all.
Sure when I look at the other scopes compared side by side you can see a different but I think the Razor is at a point now where it is the way to go.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
Just a question but where does this fall in quality to something like zero comp or nf beast. Is it just glass at that point or internals. Thanks by the way, I'm happy as shit right now

Find some one wih a S&B. Handle it for a bit and compare the glass. You'll know.

Best glass IVe seen is Hensoldt but their reticles kind of suck which defaults to S&B.

If you shop wise you can get a used one for just a bit above your $2K mark.

my apologies for the old guy question but who is Scott? Thanks!

Scott from Liberty Optics

I'm looking at an optika6, 2.5-15 for a varmint gun, coyotes prairie dogs and target shooting, do you feel it's decent for that purpose?
If you aren't going to do much dialing, I think it would work good. My preference would be towards the 3-18x50 though. I put a Nikon FX1000 4-16 on my other son's rifle and the glass on the Optika 6 is much better, especially when it comes to resolution and contrast. Brightness and tracking is about the same for both scopes though but you really notice a difference when looking at targets past 500 yards.