Photos 2010 Management Antelope Hunt (HD VIDEO)

blksno

I don't have one
Minuteman
  • Mar 15, 2009
    SD
    I've been working with O'Neill Ops and the new sister company O'Neill Outfitters for the last couple years, using my tags to help take out management deer and antelope so he can start guiding for trophies in the future.

Here is my 2010 Antelope. Forgive the video, it's a little longer and drawn out than most would like...but I like to show all aspects of the hunt, not just the "money shot"

The deer video I have coming up will show more of the seasons worth of good deer that I passed on before taking out a management 4x4. ( Last year I took a management 3x3 )

Make sure if you have high speed internet, to watch the Full HD version
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTl1Hp5pa7I"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTl1Hp5pa7I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: 2010 Management Antelope Hunt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBsteel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome! What bullet you kill that with? </div></div>
    243WSSM

Same bullet powder combo I've been using since the beginning.
    75gr Vmax with 35.7 of Varget, only pushing 3020.
    85 HPBT Game Kings are showing promise, and I'm waiting on some 87 Vmax but so far the 75's are the only bullet I've gotten to shot tight.

cool video and nice shot. I kind of laughed at the imperial gangster beat/music and you taking 20 seconds to get the rifle ready to shoot.

Looked like a long shot, good job.

lol imperial gangster, must be what Darth Vader listened to during his youth.

If he would have ran away it wouldn't have hurt my feelings. It was only a management hunt. If I was stalking a 17 incher you can bet I would have been down and READY a little quicker.
    He stood around eating and listening to other people shoot 2 miles to the south west of us. That's what he looks at right before I take my shot...he is reacting to someone else shooting off in the distance.

I just look for music that has good spots to use for the impact shot.

How far was the shot, ballpark? What bi-pod?

What kind of sling/lbv/rifle back pack thing was that? Doesn't look like something that would be that quick but would be VERY comfortable for long hauls.

I have damn near the same setup only in .223. Even have the YHM 7.62 qd. I didn't even know the .243 WSSM AR existed until you told me in the shout box earlier. Damn you putting these thoughts in my head. you prob already mentioned it but what bullet are you using? I wonder how much a barrel would be...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creature</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How far was the shot, ballpark? What bi-pod?

What kind of sling/lbv/rifle back pack thing was that? Doesn't look like something that would be that quick but would be VERY comfortable for long hauls.

I have damn near the same setup only in .223. Even have the YHM 7.62 qd. I didn't even know the .243 WSSM AR existed until you told me in the shout box earlier. Damn you putting these thoughts in my head. you prob already mentioned it but what bullet are you using? I wonder how much a barrel would be... </div></div>

If memory serves me, it was 283m. The doe the next day was 287m and she suffered the same fate.
    The bipod is a 12-25 Harris with a CAA QD UniMount
    The sling I designed and built myself. Made a post about it last year and sure enough...I find out that 2 others already existed, (although I'd never heard of them when I started making mine)
    It's DEF NOT QUICK, but I never plan on shooting my rifle off hand anyway. It DOES have release buckles on the front so it's quicker to take off in a hurry than it is to put on. I'm building a white one right now for predator season in the snow.

I'm pushing 75Vmax at only 3020 with 35.7 of varget. I've got 6 or 7 more bullets here to test but the 75's have grouped the best with 85 HPBT Game Kings showing promise. 87Vmax are back ordered.

If you get a .243WSSM barrel, I'd personally make sure it's got a 1:7.5 or 1:8 twist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Playerz1337</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice job man, that speed is a little more than my 75 Amax in .223.

Do you oil your suppressor any to make it quieter? I have a Phantom thread-on on my Savage/AR. </div></div>

Yeah its def NOT fast by any means. I'm searching for the next node to at least run them at moderate speeds to get less drop at 4-500 but this load is my fail safe for now.
    Factory Winchester 100gr Ballistic Silvertip ammo runs right in the 3250fps range but I never got it shooting tiger than 4"-5" at 100 so I didn't bother using it to hunt with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering where that sling came from...I've been shopping around for a biathalon style sling for my AICS </div></div>

Built her myself, not to hard, but I need to get some different trim webbing to make it "pretty".
    I'm in no HUGE rush for the ammo boxes, but depending on when the show is...I'll sure take them whenever you're in town. I need to get a new Pelican 1650 first. I've got my fingers crossed for Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath.

Re: 2010 Management Antelope Hunt (HD VIDEO)

Rifle Specs:
    Accuracy Systems 243WSSM 1:9 twist upper
    24" x .920" at the muzzle
    Oly Arms FIRSH quad rail
    Harris 12-15 bipod with CAA Universal Equip Mount
    Mark IV Extra High Rings
    Barska SWAT 10-40x50 IR
    YHM Phantom 7.62 QD

Ergo Tactical Deluxe with SureGrip and Palm Shelf
    Bill Springfield 3lb Trigger Mod on DPMS Parts kit
    DPMS lower build
    Rear takedown spring detent mod
    CAA SRS Sniper Stock w/monopod
    Extended Take down pins
    Custom Modified PMAGs for WSSM ammo

Here was the coyote video a few weeks later
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/no6tfaW9yzw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/no6tfaW9yzw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Watch it in HD on YouTube

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T84vraiLUA4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T84vraiLUA4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Glad you like it. There is another one on the horizon, but I will wait for "the man" to post it first so I don't steal his thunder.