• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sniper’s Hide Cup 2010 Sniper's Hide Cup

Beamer Girl

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2004
Texas
www.riflesonly.com
I just wanted to make a quick post to let everyone know that I am working on an email to everyone that is shooting. It will have all the info you need. As soon as I get it finished and emailed out to everyone I will post it here as well.
Thanks,
Lisa Bynum
Rifles Only, Inc.

Re: 2010 Sniper's Hide Cup

Ok, I think I just got letters out to everyone. In case you did not receive yours, here it is:
The 2010 Sniper’s Hide Cup is getting very very close so I figured I better hurry up and get some important info out! Otherwise, all of you would not know what time to get here…lol! Please read everything through because I don’t want anybody missing out on anything.
First is start times. For those coming to the train-up, class will start at 8:30 that first day. Be ready to roll. For those just coming to the Cup, be onsite and ready to do the onsite registration at 8:30am as well. After registration and the safety brief you will probably have a chance to site in your rifles but it will be a quick one. Warning to all the new people…SAFETY is our number one priority so please make sure you ready the safety rules thoroughly!
Mucho important….PLEASE bring a sack lunch on Thursday!!!! My brother James, who usually does the cooking, will not be there Thursday due to his real job. I’m not sure that we will have time to leave so bring some food to get you through the day. He will be there Friday and Saturday! Lunches are going to be $6. I will need to get paid in advance (the morning of registration) if you will be buying lunch for both days. Please pay me in cash and try to have the correct change because that money will go directly to him and not through Rifles Only or Sniper’s Hide. Saturday evening we will be having the awards ceremony and a dinner. The dinner is on us (Rifles Only and Sniper’s Hide) so please plan to stay.
Ammo: 160 rounds of rifle and 60 rounds of pistol should be good for the comp. BUT…Jacob always says, don’t run out ☺! We have a lot planned and might have to put in some fillers to cut down time so it might be wise to bring a little extra.
I do not know what time we will be done on Saturday but it will be no later than dinner time. Remember though, we will still have to do the award ceremony and dinner. Do not plan on leaving as soon as it is over because everyone one will leave with a minimum of 1 prize!!! The sponsors are truly stepping up once again! Wait until you see what we have!
For the new guys that are coming…the directions to the facility are on the Rifles Only website under the “contact” page. However, if you get lost or need help with something here is our phone numbers. Jacob’s cell is 361-522-4165, mine is 361-522-4166 and our home number is 361-595-5472.
If you are shipping equipment down to the comp I ask that you also print out a return label! We are leaving to California to teach a PR 1&2 class that following week so time is going to be extremely limited. Getting a return label will help me get all of your stuff out that Monday/Tuesday before we leave.
If you have not booked a room please do so! The hotels might start to book up a little just due to the fact that it will be Spring Break time. Most people pass through but you never know.
I would like to get the remaining entry fee dues asap. This will help things run a little smoother registration morning.
If you have any questions please let me know. I will do my best to answer them. As always, we are excited about having everyone down. We look forward to putting on a safe and great match for you all!
See you soon!
Lisa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll bring my skid steer to hold CKA up </div></div>

am I gonna have to choke a Frenchman again?

There <span style="font-style: italic">may</span> be a chance to check zeroes before the competiton starts - no guarantee - but I promise you that anyone who shows up with a scope which has not been zeroed will be made fun of.

Has that happened in the past? It has.

Hope you guys have fun.

I made sure to get Triad's donations to the prize table there in plenty of time
blush.gif

If Eagle manages to pump out any of my custom stuff in time, I will send some of that as well.

As of now it looks like I will be arriving a day early. If so, and if anyone needs a ride from Corpus the day before the match, I will probably end up doing one shuttle run with the van for pick-up of stragglers and gear from the airport. When it gets closer to the date, if you think you might get stranded in Corpus and need a ride, send me a PM and I'll give you my cell number.

I cant wait to get on the damn plane and get down to the CUP its been a long winter and I am ready to see everyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RO you doing the class before ?</div></div>Was that directed at me?

I tried to get in for the last day of the train-up, because that's all my schedule will allow, but the answer was "Nope".

JRose - well, it's just a shooting match. There are more important things. We'll look forward to another time.

Graham - Lisa and I will be arriving at Rifles Only on Saturday the 13th. I'll look forward to renewing our acquaintance.

Wait....there are more important things than a shooting match? Where?
laugh.gif

JRose, I'll see you at ASC. Looking forward to meeting you there.

Lindy, likewise. And I look forward to meeting Lisa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait....there are more important things than a shooting match?</div></div>

Yes, a point which will be made more forcefully by Mr. Bynum at the safety briefing...
laugh.gif

See ya!

Thx guys. I really hate missing it, I was looking forward to seeing everyone, but this is BIG for us, something I've been waiting for all year.

I'll definitely make the Bash. I missed the last Bash, and this years Cup due to this, but come Bash time I'll be good and squared away, and can get back on a normal schedule.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait....there are more important things than a shooting match?</div></div>
</div></div>

Damn Straight! Like who brought the best Scotch to the shoot!

You will be there, right Lindy?

John, I think we should have a contest to see who brings the best Scotch to the match. You, Graham, and Team Waffleiron are entered. I will be pleased to judge the contest...
laugh.gif

As for whether I'll be there, Jacob knows that he cannot keep my wife and me away, as I'll improvise explosives to get there if he changes the lock on the gate.

Look forward to seeing you. When is pool construction scheduled for? Summer is coming.

Team WaffleIron rolls deep with heavy peat and smoke from the islands. The amber nectar will flow like water. The bottles await, the glasses are washed, and my liver is warmed up.

The Islay malts are a bit oily for me. But I've been known to travel with a lesser known bottle or two from the Highlands. I'll have to dig up the tasting book...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you and rose eloping or something? </div></div>

Worried?

Here ya go Lindy....

waffleironbottlelogosmall.jpg

(The preceeding picture was for comedic and parody purposes only. Team WaffleIron, its sponsors, affiliates, employees, pets, friends, pet's friends, and complete strangers we happen to run into urge you not to destroy good scotch.)

Aaaah, Famous Grouse, one of the few blends that will do. However, the islay singles are where me heart lays. Lindy, I for one will join you for the new RO poster. Look forward to sharing a glass with you. Thanks again to all of the sponsor's and to RO.

I do like some Balvenie from time to time. Glenkenchie is not bad either. The Lagavulin is just hard to beat, though. Laphroaig 15 is close. After years of drinking highlands, I have been stuck on Islay and Skye barrels for several years.

Bill, we will be having a drink every night like clockwork, so just hoist one after sundown and think of us. Sorry you wont be there.

MikeeBooshay does not know any of you gentlemen, but I see that you like/love/need the amber nectar. Me too, although I confess to an occasional sip of Kentucky brown at times.

My first try at this, looking forward to learning a bunch and meeting some new folks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just sent my prize donation in, 2 barrel chambering jobs. </div></div>

Thanks, thats awesome. I appreciate it.

I never am the one to say I told ya so but. I TOLD YA SO!!!!!

There could have been plus side for me though, if you would of showed up on thursday night I might of had enough points from thursday to finish ahead of you come saturday. I doubt it but it would have given me a chance.

Mick

I got a box mostly assembled with some Storm Tactical Data Books, Covers for them, Impact Databook Covers, and a Certificate for a PRSM Bag and Scope Cover combo.

I really wish I could have made it down for this, but work and work did not allow the time. Thats right, I said work and work.

The Bash is in my sights though.

Nick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: erdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">getting close....lookin forward to seeing all the regulars and to meeting the new guys. Drake I'm thinking about bringing out the stash. </div></div>

Better bring some anti-inflammatory stuff for us old pharts. You don't want us locked up trying to fill out score sheets!