• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hunting & Fishing 2011 Big game results lets see'em

Re: 2011 Big game results lets see'em

17 yard chip shot with the stick launcher.
Resampled_2011-10-27_08-31-11_767.jpg
Resampled_2011-10-27_10-02-52_101.jpg

b485b9a1.jpg
This is my first elk ive ever shot. Withought going into GREAT deatil 'ill sum it up. My co worker and friend shawn and i helped a dissalbled hunter with his cow elk tag in WA. State. This disabled hunter could not prone out for more than 30 seconds. Try as I might i could not convince mark to get behind my rifle and take the shot "475 yards" after mark had found out that I had never shot at or killed an elk he INSITED that i take the shot. After sitting and waiting for about an hour for elk to get off their beds i told mark "who smokes" to light one. thinking the scent would get them up. Well it worked. dialed up the NF NXS 5.5x22x56 to 6MOA and let a 300 grain SMK fly. It hit a bit high but sent the cow down the moment the bullet hit. we all high fived and had smiles like children. two birds with one stone on this hunt. mark got his meat he was after and i killed my first elk ever. plus Mark was such a gentleman he also shared his meat with me. i'm truly blessed and yes thats an honest smile on my face. thanks for letting me share

First rifle season. First day. First hour.
Both tags were filled by 0745. My bull was standing right next to her.
This is the boy with his first elk, 3 years of trying.
We watched the herd of 200 by the light of the moon until sunrise. His shot was 320 yards with a 168 gr VLD. She dropped where she stood.
Rifle started out as my grandfathers Remington 722 in 257 Roberts. He would have liked it.
i563np.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gabriel.338lapua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My co worker and friend shawn and i helped a dissalbled hunter with his cow elk tag in WA.

i'm truly blessed and yes thats an honest smile on my face. thanks for letting me share

b485b9a1.jpg
</div></div>

Cool story for sure

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First rifle season. First day. First hour.
Both tags were filled by 0745. My bull was standing right next to her.

This is the boy with his first elk, 3 years of trying.

Rifle started out as my grandfathers Remington 722 in 257 Roberts. He would have liked it.
i563np.jpg
</div></div>

That looks like a handy little rig, like the history too.

Here is my 2011 Cow Elk Hunt, it wasn't a huge cow because hunting for elk in AZ is REALLY bad this year, but I got meat in the freezer none the less.

robselk.jpg

Perfect time of year on the rim, the colors are AWESOME!
IMG_0106.jpg

Yea we saw a LOT of bear prints, I ended up getting charged by a black bear and unfortunatley had to shoot it with my .475 linebough at about 15 feet. Game & Fish picked it up later that day from me and tested it, it was not rabid.
IMG_0112.jpg

My friend Scott and I dressing his elk at camp, very late one night.
IMG_0123.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike1023</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1st pronghorn on a trip with some buds in WY

IMG_1288.jpg
</div></div>

LOVE WY antelope hunting, my only issue is the last time I went the Antelope were SO GAMEY i couldn't eat them. Had a rancid hint of sage. I slammed one 2 years ago at over 1100 yards with my 7mm using a berger VLD.