22 Ballistic Chart Comparisons

ESBVader

Total Noob
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2018
NC
I am still playing with this stuff in order to dial it in, but would love to see how in the ball park my calculations are compared to what you might be willing to share. Without the help of @Rob01 at my last match to help me to get some corrections in place, it would have been a miserable day. Maybe a thread like this will help someone else avoid disaster as well.

Here are my settings in Strelok Pro:
Ammo: SK Rifle Match
Wind: 0
Velocity: 1071 FPS
Temperature: 70 Degrees
28.73 inHG
50% Humidity
Rifle: Vudoo w/ 16" Bartlein /w 16 RH Twist
Drag Function: RA4
BC: .122
Scope Center Height Above Bore Center: 2.55"
Altitude: 1000 ft. Above Sea Level

20201007-155021.jpg

Last edited:
I am still playing with this stuff in order to dial it in, but would love to see how in the ball park my calculations are compared to what you might be willing to share. Without the help of @Rob01 at my last match to help me to get some corrections in place, it would have been a miserable day. Maybe a thread like this will help someone else avoid disaster as well.

Here are my settings in Strelok Pro:
Ammo: SK Rifle Match
Wind: 0
Velocity: 1071 FPS
Temperature: 70 Degrees
Rifle: Vudoo w/ 16" Bartlein /w 16 RH Twist
Drag Function: RA4
BC: .122

20201007-142111.jpg

What height over bore? At sea level, I'm always around 7-7.1 @ 200 yards with a 1096 velocity ammo. I'll dig up my kestrel/export in a few min.

Good question! My 34mm scope is sitting in a 1.5" Spuhr mount so it's going to be a bit higher than some out there. The center of my scope is 2.55" from the bore center "approximately".

Last edited:
Nice! Thanks @littlepod!

Had to update my original post a bit. I forgot that I switched out scopes/mounts since I last input the numbers. It made a slight difference, but noticeable. I don't have a solid feel around my numbers past 100 though. Still need to put in some work to test out the results.

Set up:
Tikka T1X 20.5"
CCI SV 40GR
RA4 BC = 0.100 (from truing)
Scope Height 1.7"
Muzzle Velocity AVG=1131 FPS (Seems to vary from lot to lot...) Haven't verified MV in Temps < 75
Conditions:
Temp=90F
BPR=27.5 inHg
RH=50%
Wind=10MPH Full Value
Software: Strelok
image0.jpeg

This set up got me my first base class win in NRL22!

Last edited: