• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

22 LR group at 100 yards

Re: 22 LR group at 100 yards

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kd185</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It takes a good .22 with good ammo that the gun likes to shoot 1" groups at 100. Most run of the mill 22's will not shoot that well. </div></div>

my 10/22 wont shot 1moa @ 100 yards
maybe i haven't found the right ammo yet
</div></div>
The latter, likely. A 10/22 is pretty accurate once you find the right ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inline 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kd185 what kind of set up do you have? I have no problems shooting sub moa with my 10/22. Ammo is only part of it with the 10/22. PM me if you like and I can give you the details of my build. </div></div>

its basically a stock 10/22
i got it as a kid
had it around 30+ years now
put a choate paratrooper folding stock on it back in the early 80's
ive done a home made trigger job on the hammer next is to clean up the trigger
its a little better (used to terrible around 9 lbs if not more)
recently i won a new stainless steel factory barrel on gun broker for $15.00, traded a favor to have it threaded and put a small comp on it
put a small tasco on it back in the early 80's also and still using it
works fine but the reticle is a little thick for trying to shot sub moa @ 100 yards
but to be honest i dont think the rifle has it in it
just want to use it as a trainer/squirrel gun
my next project will be to build a silencer for it now that its threaded
always looking to improve but not looking to sink a $1,000.00 into a $100.00 gun

sorry for the 1/2 pic but its all i have of it right now
always looking for tips guys

barrelwithbrake.jpg

I am not trying to jack the thread but kd185 I think what you are getting is about all you can achieve with your current set up. If you don’t want to step up to a bull barrel go to RFC and look up nemohunter. He knows how to make the factory tubes shoot lights out. If you are looking for something light and don’t want to put a lot of money in that is the way I would go. I would also have the bolt head spaced that will help out as well. You should be able to do what I listed for fewer than 200.00. I also think that your stock is hurting accuracy as well. FWIW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inline 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not trying to jack the thread but kd185 I think what you are getting is about all you can achieve with your current set up.</div></div>

i agree with you there
as far as the rest of it goes ill look into it over at RFC
thanks