• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

F T/R Competition 3-5Oct14 Long Range Championship @ Camp Butner ( N.C.)

Extremely interesting conditions all weekend long at Butner this weekend...the range threw nearly everything except the kitchen sink at us.

Fun!

Edit: I don't know if there are any new shooters reading this, but Butner IMO was very challenging this weekend and I encountered more than one new-ish shooter who was feeling kind of glum. Just know that this was a tough weekend. Every shot is a new one, especially at 1000 yards, but SAT/SUN I personally encountered wind changes that amounted to 4 feet or more during a string, and these changes were happening in 3 seconds or so in some cases. I saw some very experienced shooters coming up with 6's, 7's and 8's, and saw some of the less experienced shooters coming up with misses after shooting a nine and a ten.

Keep shooting, you will learn.

Last edited:
Extremely interesting conditions all weekend long at Butner this weekend...the range threw nearly everything except the kitchen sink at us.

Fun!

Edit: I don't know if there are any new shooters reading this, but Butner IMO was very challenging this weekend and I encountered more than one new-ish shooter who was feeling kind of glum. Just know that this was a tough weekend. Every shot is a new one, especially at 1000 yards, but SAT/SUN I personally encountered wind changes that amounted to 4 feet or more during a string, and these changes were happening in 3 seconds or so in some cases. I saw some very experienced shooters coming up with 6's, 7's and 8's, and saw some of the less experienced shooters coming up with misses after shooting a nine and a ten.

Keep shooting, you will learn.

You said a mouthful !!!