300 win mag build

I am looking at a similar build.

I was planning on Stiller TC300, Bartlein or Lilja, Manners T4A.

I contacted Mark at Short Action Customs, and he recommended a different action. I am not home, so don't have access to the email right now.

Tough to beat a Sako TRG in 300wm. Or, get a factory PSS, a real stock, and a good trigger- if you are a good shopper, you could come in significantly under your budget- enough to open up most any optic to within your budget.

Just finished my build -- INCREDIBLY happy w/it.

Stiller Tac 300, Bartlein M24 26", AI AX, Jewel Trigger, Custom brake, Cerakote...Spuhr + NXS.

In parts, cost me @ $3k...Not including the scope/mount of course.

Had a local Smith do the work...Here's a pic of it fitted in the case...

10996262364_820d608cb8_c.jpg

Better be careful, though -- Promised myself it was JUST the rifle...Then I shot 300wm suppressed...Then I bought a suppressor for it...$3000 later, finally done.

Last edited:
Just finished my build -- INCREDIBLY happy w/it.

Stiller Tac 300, Bartlein M24 26", AI AX, Jewel Trigger, Custom brake, Cerakote...Spuhr + NXS.

In parts, cost me @ $3k...Not including the scope/mount of course.

Had a local Smith do the work...Here's a pic of it fitted in the case...

10996262364_820d608cb8_c.jpg

Better be careful, though -- Promised myself it was JUST the rifle...Then I shot 300wm suppressed...Then I bought a suppressor for it...$3000 later, finally done.

that is sexy!!!! that is deff the general concept that I am looking for

I kinda been working the build up to the barrel replacement and accurizing. right now I have a sendaro 300wm, just upgraded stock to aics 1.5 OD green, timney trigger was replaced after first time out, I have a broughton barrel on order 1 in 9 twist, and when that arrives in march I will have the accurizing and barrel replacement done. NF 5 x22 x56 moar reticle.

1250 roughly original cost of gun
140 timney trigger
850 aics 1.5 stock
400 broughton barrel
750 estimate for replacement and accurizing, bolt knob and threading
110 NF 20 moa base
160 NF rings
1950 NF 5 x 22 x56 nxs moar reticle

3390 before optics and mount 5610 after. be sure to check mile high for your 5% discount. they were cheaper on the aics stock than midway plus 5% off. I didn't want a folding stock only reason I went with the 1.5.

Last edited:
thinking about starting a 300 win mag build. will to spend 3000 -3500 on barrel action and stock. any suggestions? am leaning in direction of nightforce nxs on top of it.

For just a little more give Steven at Surgeon a call. You won't be disappointed. I've got a 300 win mag Scalpel and can't say enough about Surgeon quality and accuracy. Mine's never let me down.

Sales | Surgeon Rifles

Just my opinion.

Last edited: