• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

308 TARGET RONDS

rferrell

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2010
HELP I RELOAD ALL MY OWN RIFLE STUFF BUT ONLY HAVE EXPERINCE IN HUNTING ROUNDS EVERY THING I LOAD RIGHT NOW IS BARNES TSHOCK AWSOME BULLET BUT VERY PRICEY FOR TARGET SHOOTING ANY BODY HAVE A SUGESTION FOR SOMETHING WITH THE SAME WEIGHT 168 AND SAME TRAJECTORY IN 308

Re: 308 TARGET RONDS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deer Assassin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">168 sierra match king </div></div>

Ditto! Noslers are a little cheaper and shoot almost as good out of my rifle....Haven't been able to try the Amax's yet but I'm sure they are a good round, too.

If your after a really good target round, however it isnt 168gr, try the Lapua Scenar 155gr. Not sure what they cost in the states but out here in Australia they are cheaper to shoot than pretty much anything else.

Lapua 155gr Scenar $56 box 100
Berger VLD 185/175/155 $85 box 100
Hornady Amax 155/168gr $75 box 100

keep in mind those are aussie prices yeh... I cant imagine why the Lapuas are so much cheaper when they shoot amazingly well.

I havnt tried the Sierras but they are good regardless based on comments ive read.

Ive had experience with the Hornady Amax stuff and its easy to reload and suprisingly isnt as fussy as the Berger stuff that requires alot of investigation into seating depth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Lapua 155gr Scenar $56 box 100 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">$33 US</span></span>
Berger VLD 185/175/155 $85 box 100 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">$36 US for 155's</span></span>
Hornady Amax 155/168gr $75 box 100 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">$24 US</span></span>
</div></div>

There you go for US prices.

I've found the Prvi Partizan 165's to shoot exceedingly well. I'm able to get 0.45MOA 5 shot groups with them. They only cost about $19 per 100 at Grafs.com.

The 165's are rather ugly so imagine my surprise when they grouped almost as well as my match reloads. That would be my plinker of choice.