.375 Musings

pyrofx

Minuteman
May 25, 2007
Bullhead City , Az. VIA 29 Palms
After 2 years , pulled the trigger on the Cheytac from Lawton.

Did some load up work with Retumbo. Started at 136 grains with Matchkings and Lehigh's . To hot . Went down .5 grains at a time and ended up at 134 grains. Didn't have a chrony , so it's just redneck guessing . Shot at 1k and they all stayed on a 22" steel plate.

Scope zerod @ 400 yards . It took 15.5 min to 1K . Dialed in 30 min and shot first round @1765. pretty low . Adjusted to impact area , and shots 2 thru 10 all on the 48X48 plate.

Steve said shots at a mile were a cake walk . I first thought .... pompas ass .... LOL.. Well , they are a cake walk !

For grins , I loaded up 138 grains of 5010 behind the lehighs. They shot 1.5min high at 1765 with no pressure signs. 101% case fill .

Lawton action , lr bore , McMillian A5 on steroids and shot of Atlas bipod .

The only complaint...... The bastard tourques like a frickin candy cane when you pull the trigger.

Greg

Re: .375 Musings

Steve said shots at a mile were a cake walk . I first thought .... pompas ass .... LOL.. Well , they are a cake walk !

Haha,told ya! Congrats on your new rifle!

Wait till you try the Jamison 350 grain solids. Those things put the others you mentioned to shame. I literally would get twice the wind drift of the 375CT with my 30-375R with 240SMK's at 2925fps! For comparisons sake my 30-375R is basically the same ballistics as a 338L with 250's.

Re: .375 Musings

I did my first long shots last month at 1600 yards and had a first round hit center of rock. Right where I was holding. I did not even know my speed till I guessed and hit that rock and back mathed my moa on my scope. I guess I was right on. Ballistics on my handheld was Exbal and dead on. I cant wait to do the solids and such!Lawton repeater in Mcrees stock and Lost River barrel.