• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

50 cals

Marbm8

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2019
A guy I've known over 30 yrs once said "if you can afford it and don't have a 50 in your arsenal, you're just stupid." This was about a year ago, I'd guess. All responses welcomed.

IMG_6563.jpeg

"50 cal" can refer to alot of things...

.500 S&W
.500 Action Express
.500 Nitro Express
.50-90 Sharps
.50 magnum inline muzzleloader
.50 BMG
.52 Smith Model 1857 Carbine
.50 (.479) Adams-Beaumont revolver
.50 black powder Great Plains Rifle
Mattel Fanner 50 toy cap pistol (1940s)

Whatcha referrin' to?

I have been told that buying a 50 BMG is easy, feeding a 50 BMG is not.😢

View attachment 8474590
Feeding them is easy, they just eat and eat and eat. Sometimes they even like playing the “here comes the airplane” game, really popular ‘41-‘45, and they chowed down on schnitzel like there was no tomorrow.

Grocery shopping, that’s another story.

Feeding them is easy, they just eat and eat and eat. Sometimes they even like playing the “here comes the airplane” game, really popular ‘41-‘45, and they chowed down on schnitzel like there was no tomorrow.

Grocery shopping, that’s another story.

Agree with the above, I was referring to the shopping:)

Hello, fellow gun enthusiast. Is there a good dental plan at Quantico?

Anyway, so, a person can be effective with any tool of any size. It can be good to own a 50. I have seen video of a guy "hunting" with a .50 BMG. He shot an elk and put out a big exit hole and it looked like about 350 ml of blood shooting out every second or so. Which creates a great blood trail to follow.

Or were you thinking of opening a can of Dinty Moore Stew at over a mile? It can be done.

Or, just use the pull tab on top.

So, right there are two different jobs for a 50 cal.

Also, still in the deer hunting vein, and I am serious about this, is my old friend John (RIP.)

John had a lifetime hunting license in Oklahoma and hunted old does on his aunt's property near Lake Murray. He used a .50 cal black powder muzzleloader. I have watched him smelt his own lead balls for ammo. And I have also shared in the largess of his harvests. From that to some elk. To some feral hog, which I smoked on my charcoal grill. (I need to retire from my regular job and work as a barbecue chef.)

But I would not say that you need a 50 cal to "prove" anything, let alone masculinity, With one exception.

I cannot get a 6.5 Creedmoor because my hair is not long enough to fix into a manbun.

Reactions: johnnycat
The only arsenal anyone should have is a shirt from that super duper cool soccer club in that very smart country that banned all their guns and are totally peaceful like kumbya now and stuff.

I also have a fiddy in my wallet. Has this old white dude on it or something.

I’m still trying to get over the tragic boating accident I had, that sank my entire arsenal. Then, I started to rebuild it, but unfortunately I shot my eye out with my red rider BB gun. Haven’t had the best of luck recently, but I still have my bow, my bench, and my cement boots, so I consider myself very fortunate.

A couple young "would like to be gunny" guys at work ask me... "Do you own a fifty cal?"

I say I've owned a few. 50AE, 50 Beowulf, 500 Linebaugh, 510 Whisper, .50-90... they don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
I have been told that buying a 50 BMG is easy, feeding a 50 BMG is not.😢

View attachment 8474590

One funny thing that irks a lot of folks is that in some WWII movies they make the M2s produce a weak "thup thup thup" when they fire. In reality the sound of a Ma Deuce is the sound of authority and attention when it goes off. There is no mistaking that demolition hammer from heaven sound...

One funny thing that irks a lot of folks is that in some WWII movies they make the M2s produce a weak "thup thup thup" when they fire. In reality the sound of a Ma Deuce is the sound of authority and attention when it goes off. There is no mistaking that demolition hammer from heaven sound...
While the ma deuce has merit, a 4 deuce is what makes me smile, as long as something with wheels is carrying it & its food.

Or were you thinking of opening a can of Dinty Moore Stew at over a mile? It can be done.
I personally would not open a can of that nasty shit any closer than a mile away.
40 years ago it had real chunks of beef in it and it was a good product.
I think it was about 10 years ago or so I bought a can to take on a camping trip....
Dear god just no......the meat that is in it now resembles something like styrofoam and it was inedible ......smell, texture, it's all sortsa wrong.
Naz-t

Reactions: Ronws
I think the slope claim was the former head of USSS being way too braindead and clueless as to what happens in the field, much less in that exact situation, and she was just throwing some shit against the wall in an attempt to divert the line of questioning.

The too hot to man a rooftop thing, now that's fucking real. If only I had used that excuse in Liberia, I might not have lost 40 lbs in three months while I was there to protect a measly Ambassador. Shit, I had lightning strike inside 20ft of me twice on those roofs, still didn't get the fuck off of them even though I had a, wait for it, Barrett .50 cal lightning rod with me.

But then again, there was that whole commitment to mission accomplishment thing and dedication to duty getting in the way. Some weak ass faggot glowies could use a bit of the same.

I think the slope claim was the former head of USSS being way too braindead and clueless as to what happens in the field, much less in that exact situation, and she was just throwing some shit against the wall in an attempt to divert the line of questioning.

The too hot to man a rooftop thing, now that's fucking real. If only I had used that excuse in Liberia, I might not have lost 40 lbs in three months while I was there to protect a measly Ambassador. Shit, I had lightning strike inside 20ft of me twice on those roofs, still didn't get the fuck off of them even though I had a, wait for it, Barrett .50 cal lightning rod with me.

But then again, there was that whole commitment to mission accomplishment thing and dedication to duty getting in the way. Some weak ass faggot glowies could use a bit of the same.

They were caught not doing their job, and the most optimistic people were accusing them of incompetence, while many others were already suspecting that they might even be acting on sinister plans to set Trump up, so like any wrongdoer caught in a bind in the detective's interview room and panicking, just lie and lie and throw anything out there hoping maybe something will stick...

Never mind. You didn’t forget the slope.

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss