Rifle Scopes 600 bucks top what scope would you get ?

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
i have a falcon 10x42 and the only reason i want somthing else is cause i would like some magnification the 4-14 falcons are 400 bucks and the 5-27 are 475 from rws gunsmithing

what else is out their close to this range ? i have to have side focus and target turrets other then that iam open to any thing also forgot to mention it has to have a 30mm tube

Re: 600 bucks top what scope would you get ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...i would like some magnification...i have to have side focus and target turrets....</div></div>Your problem is that what you asking for: variable power, side focus, and target turrets, are exactly what make a quality scope more expensive than the cost range you specified.

I understand: you want the features that cost the most to make, but you don't want to pay for them. Neither do I. But I haven't yet found a way to suspend the basic rules of economics.

If you want the scope to be a variable and useful at higher magnifications, you need to spend more money. If you want the side focus feature to not otherwise degrade the scope, then you need to spend more money. If you want target turrets you need the scope to track with even greater precision, which costs more money. If you want external knobs you require additional durability, which costs more money.

If you have $600, you can buy a fixed power scope that tracks well. If you want to get good value, and can spend an extra hundred or so, look at the Mil Dot Sightron SIII's and the 3-9 SS variable.

i went to swfa and all i seen that was close in my range was the horus hawk 3-12x50 and the vortex 4-16x50 iam not sure if the hawk has a side focus though

You can get a new Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 mil dot for $509. It's a great scope for the money and you'll have plenty of magnification!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get a new Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 mil dot for $509. It's a great scope for the money and you'll have plenty of magnification! </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt">

This is what I did.

Bob
</span> </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobcape</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get a new Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 mil dot for $509. It's a great scope for the money and you'll have plenty of magnification! </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt">

This is what I did.

Bob
</span> </span> </div></div>

any pix of the knobs and the scope over all ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get a new Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 mil dot for $509. It's a great scope for the money and you'll have plenty of magnification! </div></div>
I just put one on a 22-250 yesterday and am really pleased with it so far.First one I have witht he side focus. All others will have that in the future. I also like the Super Sniper 10x with the high def glass.

If you are not absolutely set on a FFP, I have had good luck with my TRS-1, they are now available in mil/mil.
The Hawke series, at one time, got a good write up. It was the Frontier line, they were made in Japan. They no longer catalog a tactical in the frontier line. The now have the sidewinder 30mm line, but I do not know how they compare.
The Konus M-30 series gets pretty decent reviews, but have 1/8" clicks.
If you don't mind mil/moa setup, the Weaver 3-15 fits your description. They can be had for just over 6 bills and have gotten good write ups.
If I was getting a mil/moa scope, I'd probably go that route.

I just got a Falcon menace 4-14 from Robert, it was about 414 bucks after shipping.