7mm bullet to use for 1 mile??

28inch barrel had another load at 2860 but got warm and so did it lol but it took 14.5 mils at 1690 2819 velocity
Well I’d probably lose another 30-40 fps with the extra weight in my saum with the 197’s.

My current load with 190’s is 2850, tested it at a measured 100 f case temperature and had no pressure problems.
Surprisingly a 40 degree raise only got me about 10 fps with R26.

I do it all on my phone it updates weather and pressure. Also have a kestrel and its usually pretty close to my phone at my range so i didnt pull it out today. But i will for sure double check that. My 300 win mag 225 eldm shot spot on

I would double check that but there's two other rifles but I used with the same chronograph is the same app input the data and their drops we're dead on the seven that man was the only one that was off.

That could be the issue right there if the chrono wasn’t perfectly square with line of fire it changes the distance between shot clocks. Not saying you did anything wrong as it could also just be the tolerance of the chrono read low and your batch of bullets have a higher bc ect.
Also have you verified scopes travel is accurate? Tall target test or box test?
Few more range sessions will tell you more

Yes I've had that happen with chronographs but I have chronograph a trifle three or four different times and then I did shoot it at 866 and 886 and it was pretty close pretty much Dead on and then I did mess with the turret up and down up and down and got the same results but I have not done a tall Target test I might need to do that and re chronograph

One of my scopes is 4% off as in one min of dial is 1.112” and not 1.047 at 100 yards. At 1700 yards the difference is almost 5 moa with out the correction factor. I now do a tall target test on every single scope!

.340ish in my rifle I have 9.125 twist and I shoot at sea level doesn't shoot as well as other bullets in my rifle. In a 8.7 twist at 3000fps which is the load in a hunting partner's rifle they are consistently .350 and very small groups.
Not bad. How do they perform hunting wise? I live at 5400 feet and can shoot at 10,000 so they fly here in colorado lol

Not bad. How do they perform hunting wise? I live at 5400 feet and can shoot at 10,000 so they fly here in colorado lol
I used to shoot at a place in Oregon that was 5600 and got some pretty High DA’s.
Loved those ballistics.
I now have LR spots far closet to home.
Mostly elevations in the 2000’s but less than an hour from home.

Peter has shot 7 deer and Frank and his son have shot 4or 5 ea. Nothing far maybe 300 yds on 1 the rest are 80-150yds. So far everything has died either drt or inside 20 yds. I've been there for 4 of them to see the necropsy. Severe damage bigger exit wounds than you would think. 3 have been through the shoulder or scapula so bone fragments helped. You can hear that heavy thud when you shoot an animal.

I used to shoot at a place in Oregon that was 5600 and got some pretty High DA’s.
Loved those ballistics.
I now have LR spots far closet to home.
Mostly elevations in the 2000’s but less than an hour from home.
Nice closer is better. Yeah higher you go the better they fly i live at 5500. Get great ballistics then when i hunt its 8500 to over 10000

Rock at 1690

Attachments

• 20200515_073138.jpg
    20200515_073138.jpg
    842.7 KB · Views: 65
Soni shot at 1083 1403 and 1690. I used the bc of .875 g1 with 2819 velocity and hit dead on at all distances. Next i will double check my speed but i didnt bring my crony with me today. But im very amazed at results im getting

Berger 190 LRHT update
My new lot of bullets I just started shooting have hammering but have been consistently shooting high.
Checked my speeds and they are the same.
Shot in a few locations to ensure environmentals weren’t a factor and it was consistent
I played with BC till it matched my recent dope and elevations today.
A G7 of .405 was money from 530 to 2020 yards.

Reactions: BCX and jasent
Berger 190 LRHT update
My new lot of bullets I just started shooting have hammering but have been consistently shooting high.
Checked my speeds and they are the same.
Shot in a few locations to ensure environmentals weren’t a factor and it was consistent
I played with BC till it matched my recent dope and elevations today.
A G7 of .405 was money from 530 to 2020 yards.
Nice great bc. Are those hollow point? Be a great hunting bullet

Nice great bc. Are those hollow point? Be a great hunting bullet

They are not, tips are pointed. I read on another forum that someone opened the tip with a #60 wire drill bit to initiate expansion and the predicted drop did not change, however there was no info on terminal performance.