• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

7mm WSM past 1000yds

Re: 7mm WSM past 1000yds

SHOOTER is a ballistic app for the Droid made by a Hide Member and it's FREE

I just plugged in you're numbers GUESSING 25% humidity and 50 degrees with a pressure of 29.59 and it spits out 39.02 moa.

Ive used Bullet Flight, Ballistic FTE, and Shooter for Droid...and this free app is just as nice. (not quite as user friendly as KAC, but just as accurate)

Regardless which app or ballistic calculator you use, you need to tweak it right and test you're read outs....but the three I mentioned are all worth of a look, depending on a price range you want to mess with.

A free app on a phone I already have is hard to beat when you compare it to a $25-30 app for a $200+ piece of hardware.

thanks guys for all the info, think i'll load ballistic FTE onto the itouch and try it out, going to rifles only this week and take it out to 1000yds, maybe more.

C bass, we in louisiana, try 90 percent humidity, 78-80 degrees at night... would love to know what 25% humidity feels like.

Sean, I expect you will have it all figured out when I get there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: erdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
C bass, we in louisiana, try 90 percent humidity, 78-80 degrees at night... would love to know what 25% humidity feels like.
</div></div>

haha, it doesn't happen very often here either, occasionally in the winter it gets that low, but we have EXTREME swings in every category all year long. The "GUESS" was for Skyking being in Utah and I have no idea how high or low humidity gets. Today in Rapid City its a sweltering 55° with 33% humidty. but lets not get in a weather discussion. when you get a few days that hit -15° with 40mph winds, give me a call.

I believe SD still holds the national record for largest temperature swing in the shortest amount of time. -4° up to 45° in 2 minutes.