9mm Carbine/SBR Suggestions?

Title

• Stribog

• Brugger & Whatever

• Scorpion

• PSA AK-V

• Norinco UZI

Results are only viewable after voting.
Got a FM AR9 recently. Not many rounds through it, but no hiccups. Shoots little groups at 25y with a red dot. Familiar controls. Last round hold open. Glock mags. Standard AR triggers, safety selectors, furniture, and small parts. Side charging. Threaded barrel. A lot to like at ~$650…

Reactions: BCP
I lika do da cha cha
Waiting on the 36M

B2933F36-166D-4A69-9D36-2376C19D5B33.png
41C87D85-C898-4F9C-AE3C-D9876AC9E0C1.png

Have both the Scorpion and B&T APC9. I like the APC9 better but both are pretty fun. Both are SBR'ed but here in the people's republic of MD, you also need to meet an overall length of 29" which makes for some weird configurations.
IMG_0107.jpeg
IMG_0108.jpeg

Fully compressed, the APC9 is 26.25" and only about 16.5" when the stock is folded.

Love my Leadstar. Run it in uspsa and it runs strong. Doesn’t jam, and just keep going and going. I also have a JP that I like a lot. It is a little heavier than the Leadstar, and the recoil is simply zero. It also runs without hiccup. Can’t go wrong with either in my opinion.

Ordered the stribog, it's supposed to ship monday so now I need a red dot for it.
I just filled out paperwork today for a Stribog as well, should get to take it home in a week or so.

I’ll try an Aimpoint CompM2 that I have on hand. If I find I want to go smaller, I’ll get another Aimpoint Acro.

Are you planning on putting a brace on yours?

I just filled out paperwork today for a Stribog as well, should get to take it home in a week or so.

I’ll try an Aimpoint CompM2 that I have on hand. If I find I want to go smaller, I’ll get another Aimpoint Acro.

Are you planning on putting a brace on yours?

Yeap has the folding triangle brace, was looking at a sig or vortex red dot since it's still black friday shenanigans pricing.

Everyone I know that shoots an MPX competitively brings two of them to every match. Because no matter how much time you spend cleaning them and swapping worn parts you're almost guaranteed to find the next failure in the middle of a match. That's what people who love them tell me, you should hear what the people who threw theirs in the trash have to say about them.

Everyone I know that shoots an MPX competitively brings two of them to every match. Because no matter how much time you spend cleaning them and swapping worn parts you're almost guaranteed to find the next failure in the middle of a match. That's what people who love them tell me, you should hear what the people who threw theirs in the trash have to say about them.

MPX doesn't appeal to me, I'd buy a Ruger "Lubbock Hammer" 9mm rifle before the MPX...

I find it interesting, and quite telling, that so much of the firearm shit talking and exaggerating is done by people that don’t actually own said firearm.
Well, I guess you can count us as the only people on the web with MPX’s that have run flawlessly after the initial 200’ish breakin rounds.

Reactions: BuildingConceptsllc
I find it interesting, and quite telling, that so much of the firearm shit talking and exaggerating is done by people that don’t actually own said firearm.
Well, I guess you can count us as the only people on the web with MPX’s that have run flawlessly after the initial 200’ish breakin rounds.
I find it interesting that when someone owns a firearm any story they hear about it that they don't like is immediately labeled as exaggerating and shit talking. Too much emotional attachment I guess. I don't own them because watching them fail every weekend is all I need to see. How many rounds do you have through yours?

Is that a YHM R9 suppressor? If so, how do you like it?
Yes, I like it a lot. Seems maybe a tad heavier than the Obsidian 45 I was using as placeholder but it’s shorter, appears well made and suppression is excellent, especially with subs (of course). No function issues - the B&T continues to run flawlessly and accurately. For a dedicated PCC can at it’s pricepoint the R9 is hard to beat.

I went the weirdo/ghetto route - MPA DMG pistol turned SBR with the MPA factory side folding stock, Smith Custom foregrip, Omega 9k on a 3-lug, and a Bushnell RXS-250 red dot on an AR height mount.

Folded and can removed, it's pretty damn tiny. Even deployed and can on, it's not big. Groups are acceptable. Wasn't all that expensive, even with can and 2 stamps.

Down side is it's near impossible to make it eat anything other than ball, and it's got plenty of port pop with the can. It's fun as shit to shoot, though.

Pics or you're full of shit 🤣
Since you asked....

Fun to shoot? Hell yes.

Cheap for being a two stamp rig? Definitely.

As good as an MP5K-PDW? Fuck no.

Do I still plan to build an MP5k-PDW SBR one day? Absolutely.

But this ghetto blaster is entertaining as hell, and has at least a small amount of utility. I'm planning to smoke a hog with it and NVGs at some point soon just because I think it will be hilarious.

Attachments

• MPA1.jpg
    MPA1.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 135
  • MPA2.jpg
    MPA2.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 140
I sold my AR9 SBR that I ran a dedicated Form 1 can on and fed it 165gr N340 sub handloads.. as quiet as my supressed subsonic 22lr's and those 165's hit hard. Really enjoyed that gun.. all jp internals, buffer, bolt. 7.5" barrel

I just bought a PTR 9KT MP5 clone this week from Atlantic Firearms on sale for $1579.99. They were going for $2800 the past year, if you could find 1 in stock so once I found this in stock and on sale I bought it. Should be here next week. Will sport an Aimpoint and A3 Tactical offset folding brace. It will be shot 100% supressed, Rugged Obsidian 45 with tri lug adapter fed 147 and 165 subs.

My buddy has had the same PTR 9KT and a 9CT for over a year. He hasn't had any problems with his, runs great with 147 and 165 subs.

PTR 9KT

Longer PTR 9CT in stock as well

Nope.... Nopenopenope. I didn't see that. I know nothing....

I hate you a little right now.

Do ittttttt. Lol

I've been watching for them to be back in stock under $2000 for a year almost. $1579.99 was a no brainer instant take my money. Almost bought the 9KT and 9CT at that price but almost 9" barrel + can on the 9CT was a no for me

Do ittttttt. Lol

I've been watching for them to be back in stock under $2000 for a year almost. $1579.99 was a no brainer instant take my money. Almost bought the 9KT and 9CT at that price.

It'll be a while. I'm stocking money away right now for a clip-on NV unit and I need to behave. Especially considering there's no fuckin' way I'd stop at the pistol. As soon as the 4473 was done I'd be filing a Form 1, ordering a stock and VFG, more mags, changing out rollers, etc.

It'll be a while. I'm stocking money away right now for a clip-on NV unit and I need to behave. Especially considering there's no fuckin' way I'd stop at the pistol. As soon as the 4473 was done I'd be filing a Form 1, ordering a stock and VFG, more mags, changing out rollers, etc.

Lolol

I ordered the A3 Tactical offset steady folding brace

Im not sbr this for carry reasons in my Vertx Gammut I take with me daily for work. Keeping it a pistol. I also ordered 4 more metal 30rd curved KCI mags and an Aimpoint T2. Deciding on a small light for the mlok rail still

Cost me less for all of it then if I bought one on gunbroker back in Jan/Feb....