• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

A I Wins Navy Mk13 Contract Award

Re: A I Wins Navy Mk13 Contract Award

Watch out Frank. People will down talk the winning as it's not for "big army" and it's only 5 million
wink.gif
That and they aren't an American company. Just preparing you LOL

Man that is good to hear.....but its just for NSW, and its not a huge contract, or an American Company, and 5 mil is a drop in the bucket
laugh.gif

........there I said it so we can keep the stupid out of this
laugh.gif

It won't help Deadly although I don't think any of the other competitors post here so there might be less sour grapes.
wink.gif

Oh forgot to post, good job AI!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never heard of a Mk13 before. Is this an upgrade for current rifles? </div></div>

This is a contract for NEW Mk13 mod "insert latest #" rifles that are apparently equipped with the AI AX chassis.

I think the earlier mk13's used the AICS long action chassis... 300WM, though I could be wrong.

Nice choice on the chassis though. Congrats AI.

The contract is for an AX AICS so it is chassis only. We have been supplying our standard long action AICS for the Mk13 during the last 5 years. All have been made in the USA with some parts supplied from AI in the UK. Those parts include stock sides, hinges, butt, cheek piece and minor screws, pins, springs, etc. The main parts, to AI design, are machined in the USA and final assembly is done in the USA. This is the same for all AICS and soon AX AICS sold in the USA. This contract will have little or no effect on the supply of chassis systems in the USA. We continue to supply our standard AICS and are ramping up for production of our AX AICS. By the end of the year we will be well established in production.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

i gess their one this we know now that they got that contract it will be a longer wait to get a 2.0 stock and a transport system. i want one but saving up have to buy a 700 sps 1st darn you gun shop guy saying you can buy a stock for a savage
grrrrr

Rob, just so you know, I am showing unbelievable restraint.

Cowboy, the contract is for the AX, the new style, the AICS is the current chassis system.

Tom Irwin...look it up...said that supply should not be affected.

Have a wonderful day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares where they get it, as long as its the best, baddest-ass equipment making it to the theater of combat.

God bless our NSW folks.</div></div>

Gee that wasn't the sentiment when S&B won the scope contract. Not from you Oddball but from a bunch of others. I agree with you by the way.

And Cowboy1978 you could have said all that in one post. Lets not pad our post count.
wink.gif

So all I gotta do is complete BUDS, join a platoon, cross-train as a sniper, and I can finally get one of these AX chassis I've been wanting. Sounds easy enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They look kinda like this

IMG_0180.jpg

Cheers,

Doc</div></div> I want one!!

I just can't believe the AK Sniper Rifle from Sons of Guns didn't pip them at the post !!!!

Many congrats Tom and the team, i'm sure there will be many more to follow.

A10XRIFLE says "Technicly its not a win. but a save as they already had the contract for the last 3-4 years for the Mk13 Stock."

I wish it was as easy as easy as you make it sound.
That is like saying technically we did not win the Super Bowl the second year in a row, we saved it.
I can assure you we won the contract. There are many more competitors in the tactical rifle and stock/chassis market now than 5 years ago.
The AX AICS is a different product with many advantages over the legacy AICS for those user that need those features. This contract will allow us to be more competitive in the market and all users will benefit.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Does anyone know what the complete specs are for them?
Action:?
Chasis: AI AX
Barrel Length and twist:?
Caliber: .300WM
Ammo:?

I'm going to assume the actions are just torqued into the AX, not bedded. Am I correct?

What is the accuracy standard with the specced ammo?

Sorry for all the questions, just curious.

Jack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A10XRIFLE says "Technicly its not a win. but a save as they already had the contract for the last 3-4 years for the Mk13 Stock."

That is like saying technically we did not win the Super Bowl the second year in a row, we saved it.
I can assure you we won the contract. There are many more competitors in the tactical rifle and stock/chassis market now than 5 years ago.

The AX AICS is a different product with many advantages over the legacy AICS for those user that need those features. This contract will allow us to be more competitive in the market and all users will benefit.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
</div></div>

You Retained a Contract you already Had thats Great News!!!!

What does that have to do with the Superbowl???

Its Great News for you guys!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A10XRIFLE says "Technicly its not a win. but a save as they already had the contract for the last 3-4 years for the Mk13 Stock."

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
</div></div>

Congrats Tom

It wouldn't surprise me to see the AX chassis on more mil and leo rifles. I hope AI will be able to produce enough so that some of us have a chance at one.

Tom and company,

Congratulations on the contract. I am sure having an excellent track record and solid product was essential but I am equally sure you and many of your A.I. team worked very hard to secure this. Kudos to you and your team.

Be safe and have a good week.

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares where they get it, as long as its the best, baddest-ass equipment making it to the theater of combat.

God bless our NSW folks. </div></div>

I for one think this is a horrible statement to make... I'm a firm believer that every single piece of equipment our government buys, for whatever reason, should be manufactured inside the United States. I don't care if it's a washer, some missile guidance system, or a staff car if it isn't made here our tax dollars shouldn't be spent purchasing it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Formula350SD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares where they get it, as long as its the best, baddest-ass equipment making it to the theater of combat.

I for one think this is a horrible statement to make... I'm a firm believer that every single piece of equipment our government buys, for whatever reason, should be manufactured inside the United States. I don't care if it's a washer, some missile guidance system, or a staff car if it isn't made here our tax dollars shouldn't be spent purchasing it. </div></div>

Personally I don't believe in playing politics with peoples' lives.

If your life depends on the quality of the equipment you carry and it's ability to do the job right every time you wouldn't give a flying f**k where it comes from....only that it performs and lasts.

AI have provided products that have proven this ability in many theaters of operation over a significant period of time in many different environments.

Be grateful that there are guys out there making decisions that still believe in furnishing your fighting forces with the best equipment money can buy....rather than what the accountants tell them they can have!

Formula350SD
You did not read what Tom said
"The contract is for an AX AICS so it is chassis only. We have been supplying our standard long action AICS for the Mk13 during the last 5 years.<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">All have been made in the USA</span></span> with some parts supplied from AI in the UK. Those parts include stock sides, hinges, butt, cheek piece and minor screws, pins, springs, etc. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">The main parts, to AI design, are machined in the USA and final assembly is done in the USA.</span></span> <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">This is the same for all AICS and soon AX AICS sold in the USA.</span></span> This contract will have little or no effect on the supply of chassis systems in the USA. We continue to supply our standard AICS and are ramping up for production of our AX AICS. By the end of the year we will be well established in production.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Formula350SD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares where they get it, as long as its the best, baddest-ass equipment making it to the theater of combat.

I for one think this is a horrible statement to make... I'm a firm believer that every single piece of equipment our government buys, for whatever reason, should be manufactured inside the United States. I don't care if it's a washer, some missile guidance system, or a staff car if it isn't made here our tax dollars shouldn't be spent purchasing it. </div></div>

If your life depends on the quality of the equipment you carry and it's ability to do the job right every time you wouldn't give a flying f**k where it comes from....only that it performs and lasts.

AI have provided products that have proven this ability in many theaters of operation over a significant period of time in many different environments.

Be grateful that there are guys out there making decisions that still believe in furnishing your fighting forces with the best equipment money can buy....rather than what the accountants tell them they can have! </div></div>

You mean to tell me there isn't an American company that could produce just as high a quality a piece of equipment? Do you also mean to say that the screws, skins, and minor parts that they use from England couldn't be manufactured here?

Do you also mean to say that if say the Russians (arbitrarily chosen country) all the sudden started pumping out the best weapon systems we should commit to buying everything from them?

What happens if there is a major conflict and the supply chain goes belly up? Then where are you?

I swear there has been a presidential executive order, or an act by our congress that mandates our equipment come from within to prevent the exact scenario I stated above from happening, but I can't seem to find it. (I've been looking for over 2 hours)

I never made any negative comments about AI or their products, but to flat out say you don't care where our government procures it's equipment from is a mind bending statement to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bonneville</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Formula350SD
You did not read what Tom said
"The contract is for an AX AICS so it is chassis only. We have been supplying our standard long action AICS for the Mk13 during the last 5 years.<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">All have been made in the USA</span></span> with some parts supplied from AI in the UK. Those parts include stock sides, hinges, butt, cheek piece and minor screws, pins, springs, etc. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">The main parts, to AI design, are machined in the USA and final assembly is done in the USA.</span></span> <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">This is the same for all AICS and soon AX AICS sold in the USA.</span></span> This contract will have little or no effect on the supply of chassis systems in the USA. We continue to supply our standard AICS and are ramping up for production of our AX AICS. By the end of the year we will be well established in production.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International"
</div></div>

I did read what he said you apparently don't understand the focus of my statement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Formula350SD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Be grateful that there are guys out there making decisions that still believe in furnishing your fighting forces with the best equipment money can buy....rather than what the accountants tell them they can have! </div></div>

You mean to tell me there isn't an American company that could produce just as high a quality a piece of equipment? Do you also mean to say that the screws, skins, and minor parts that they use from England couldn't be manufactured here?

Do you also mean to say that if say the Russians (arbitrarily chosen country) all the sudden started pumping out the best weapon systems we should commit to buying everything from them?

What happens if there is a major conflict and the supply chain goes belly up? Then where are you?

I swear there has been a presidential executive order, or an act by our congress that mandates our equipment come from within to prevent the exact scenario I stated above from happening, but I can't seem to find it. (I've been looking for over 2 hours)

I never made any negative comments about AI or their products, but to flat out say you don't care where our government procures it's equipment from is a mind bending statement to me.

</div></div>

Your argument is a disingenious use of hyperbole to force the available positions on this argument to their extremes. I could as easily say that if someone supports getting the best possible police car from a canadian plant that they then support ALL equipment a police officer ever use from that Canadian plant.

When it comes to equipment that puts down our enemies and protects our troops, I dont give a flying fuck whether the equipment is bought from the iraqis and afghanis themselves. If its the best out there [key criteria here], and we have a chance to buy the same stuff to put ourselves on a level playing field, so be it.

Lets examine the converse of your stated opinion. You believe that if the russians have equipment that is superior to our own, and in combat would be better prepared and potentially have capabilities more deadly than our own to offset our better training, you would NOT want to see what you could do about arming our people with that better equipment to get the edge back -- simply because it comes from another country?

Would I prefer that things are made in the US? Sure, of course I would. Do I think we should ever be in a position where our supply base is exclusively outside of the US for a certain type of widget? Hell no.

But the world did not leave all the clever people in the United States. Great ideas pop up all over. If the key to keeping our people safe and being able to put down those who would do them harm is buying a rifle chassis from a company located in another country, then so be it. IN this case, the fact that AI has US based factorys for some key components just sweetens the deal.