• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ace barrels vs the rest bartlein brux ect...

I know they made the 22 barrels for voodoo. But has anyone tried there blanks in bigger magnums? Do they hold up at elr distance like the other barrels?
A good friend of mine has a 7prc on an ace blank, shoots really well! I have a few 6.5 blanks that will be cut to 65cm for my nrl hunter build. They offer a lot of options in 6mm: 237 bore and 236, 6 and 4 groove. I need to call and pin down some info prior to ordering a 6mm blank but I will be eventually.

Edit: forgot to mention I have an ace rem varm 9tw 30cal that getting chambered to 300norma imp at 22" on a bat igniter, that's going in a manners pro hunter for a long range elk rig.

A good friend of mine has a 7prc on an ace blank, shoots really well! I have a few 6.5 blanks that will be cut to 65cm for my nrl hunter build. They offer a lot of options in 6mm: 237 bore and 236, 6 and 4 groove. I need to call and pin down some info prior to ordering a 6mm blank but I will be eventually.

Edit: forgot to mention I have an ace rem varm 9tw 30cal that getting chambered to 300norma imp at 22" on a bat igniter, that's going in a manners pro hunter for a long range elk rig.
I have the same bat igniter which is an awesome action in 300 norma improved but mine is all for elr. I'm curious to see what your experience is with the ace barrel and the 300 norma improved

Bump - Anyone have more input now that more are in the wild yet?

My sample size of 1 is just getting started. Bought it to replace the factory 8 twist 223 lite tube on my tikka primarily because it didn't like to shoot 75 ELDs. I don't have many rounds down it yet but it definitely does better on 75 ELDs than the factory tube, however the Factory 73 ELDm hornady and ADI 55 SBKs are actually less accurate now. I know Manzella is a proponent of them and raved about how perfect this blank dialed in and measured.

Bump - Anyone have more input now that more are in the wild yet?

My sample size of 1 is just getting started. Bought it to replace the factory 8 twist 223 lite tube on my tikka primarily because it didn't like to shoot 75 ELDs. I don't have many rounds down it yet but it definitely does better on 75 ELDs than the factory tube, however the Factory 73 ELDm hornady and ADI 55 SBKs are actually less accurate now. I know Manzella is a proponent of them and raved about how perfect this blank dialed in and measured.
I'm waiting on 2 blanks from manzella myself so I will find out how they compare to others soon

I've got a handful of 6mm 237 bore 4gr new, and a 22 cal 219 bore 6gr. All my 6mm are 6cm from 18-22", light palma for hunting rigs, the 22 is the same, 22cm 18" light Palma. I just picked up the last 2 which where the 18" 6cm and 22cm. But the 20" and 22" shoot really well. I have a 6prc ace light palma coming at 20" for my bat vesper short action build. It's a 237 bore 4gr. All these are 7.5tw, the 22 and 6mms.

I heard that vudoo no longer uses ace blanks from Rob, apparently they use bartlein now. dunno why.
I'll say I had a Bartlein cut with the Eachus chamber, and it didn't shoot anything well, tried prob 8 different match 22 ammo. Pulled it, put and ace on the rimX that was cut with the same chamber, and it's shot everything pretty well.

I just placed an order with ACE for a 6mm and 224 blank to have chambered up in 6BR and 223rem to compare to my Bartleins and Kriegers for you guys. From what Ive heard, the ACE barrels are shooting great. You dont see or hear much about them on here and I only have a rimfire ACE barrel.

So Ill get these chambered to match my existing 6BR's and 223rem and get testing and post up the results.

Reactions: LR1845
I know some comp shooters who are nearby in WA and shoot ACE. They have nothing but good things to say. The deal with UKM is/was nuts. Came out to like 375 for a chambered cut rifle orefit if you order 3 or more. If I didn't already have a half dozens blanks sitting here I would have ordered a bunch from them.

I know some comp shooters who are nearby in WA and shoot ACE. They have nothing but good things to say. The deal with UKM is/was nuts. Came out to like 375 for a chambered cut rifle orefit if you order 3 or more. If I didn't already have a half dozens blanks sitting here I would have ordered a bunch from them.

I think your misreading that on UKM website. Thats $375 per barrel for machine work, that does not include the barrel blank itself. Pretty standard machine work pricing.....

Total price would be $740-760 per barrel if you add that $375 machine work to their barrel blank pricing which is $365-$385.....

It says right on the link, This program does NOT include barrels.

Last edited:
I think your misreading that on UKM website. Thats $375 per barrel for machine work, that does not include the barrel blank itself. Pretty standard machine work pricing.....

Total price would be $740-760 per barrel if you add that $375 machine work to their barrel blank pricing which is $365-$385.....

It says right on the link, This program does NOT include barrels.
It used to include the blanks. That was the promo and I talked to one of the guys who works at UKM. UKM and ACE are both in Spokane area. That's what I was saying is/was...wasn't sure if they promo was still live.

It used to include the blanks. That was the promo and I talked to one of the guys who works at UKM. UKM and ACE are both in Spokane area. That's what I was saying is/was...wasn't sure if they promo was still live.

Id be hard pressed to believe that as the ACE blank cost that much... But if that was a thing, you should have bought a truck load of them. If they are charging $500 per blank just for machine work, they were loosing money on that deal by a lot.

Yea a group of us were all talking about it at the time. People are super tribal about barrels ( I know I am) but ace was just starting to sell centerfire barrels and UKM was just starting to do chamber work so it was a good way to get their name out there.

No one is worth $500 for a chamber job. $375 is still steep and too much IMO. With CNC chambering becoming more common, we should actually see prices comes down overtime. Even some 9fbthe local machinists are starting to buy CNC lathes to speed up the process.

Bet this guy would disagree about UKM and/or Ace barrels…

There’s just so many good proven barrels out there that’s readily stocked on shelves and so many goods smiths with a long reputation of quality machine work that there’s no reason to fuck around and be a Guinea pig with new shit and builders to save maybe $50 here or there on a prefit. Between Bugholes and OTM they do amazing work and have a huge selection of barrels in stock.

Bet this guy would disagree about UKM and/or Ace barrels…

There’s just so many good proven barrels out there that’s readily stocked on shelves and so many goods smiths with a long reputation of quality machine work that there’s no reason to fuck around and be a Guinea pig with new shit and builders to save maybe $50 here or there on a prefit. Between Bugholes and OTM they do amazing work and have a huge selection of barrels in stock.

Lol that link tells me nothing other than this guy has so much going on..

Reactions: Schw15