• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Adding no-slip to bags

Rover31

Jedi Master
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2007
Mos Eisley
I want to add some sections of no-slip to a couple of bags I have.

I have seen the no-slip “fabric” on some bags.
One company calls it “stick fast surface technology”
I would love to find some of that it’s just what I want!

I have heard of “painting” the fabric with plastic dip. Does that really work?

Thanks

I messed around with one of the “no-slip” style bags and really liked how it stayed in position. I do not think suede would do the same thing, plus it’s just soooo 70’s...

I put plasti-dip from Wal Mart on the bottom of my game changer about a month ago. Shot a few matches with it, held up very well. Very durable, I like it a lot. It's in the spray paint section at wal mart.

Reactions: Rover31
Hey, another solution would be to use silicon glue. I have done this with tent floors - otherwise your sleeping bag slides all over the place. You could thing some silicon glue with alcohol or a similar solvent and paint it onto your bag - should work very well, and I would trust it more than tool dip...

So I ordered a can of Plastic dip spray on no slip.
I taped up the bag I have and sprayed it on the surface I wanted the no slip.
Today I used the bag in an NRL22 match. I think it worked great. Honestly I am pretty surprised how easy it was and how it did just what I had hoped for.
It was this stuff,
https://www.amazon.com/Plasti-Dip-91209-6-Super-Fabric/dp/B000UDCC8K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535862295&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=plasti+dip+no+slip&dpPl=1&dpID=41MAO7+Ll-L&ref=plSrch
I don’t think the NRL22 matches I’ve shot have anything that challenges a bag with the 22 recoil. I am not being negitive, just what I found.

But on the centerfire like 6.5 / 308 on a metal fence or round pipe, I am 100% with you on the anti-slip idea.

I used plasti-dip spray on about a year ago and actuly it was worse. I really noticed it in the rain. It also stiffened up the bottoms of my game changer a bit. Maybe I put to much on.

Anyway, after a few matches, I ended up using non-coated GC but still like some of the ideas posted here.

How about this:
flexseal-300x250.jpg

@Diver160651 gotcha, I’m not after recoil management with the bag. Just trying to reduce the bag from slipping on what ever barracaide/surface it is on. Like the top of the tank trap or some sloped surface.
Probably shooting with a heavier rifle will cause differences in the staying/gripping ability. Time will tell if this worked.

[
@Diver160651 gotcha, I’m not after recoil management with the bag. Just trying to reduce the bag from slipping on what ever barracaide/surface it is on. Like the top of the tank trap or some sloped surface.
Probably shooting with a heavier rifle will cause differences in the staying/gripping ability. Time will tell if this worked.
Slipping is what I meant, sorry if that was not clear.

In the NRL22 formats our club downloads and uses for the matches the prescribed COF so far only uses household items like ladders, tires, building blocks, saw horse, with the extended items being the tank trap. So far I haven’t seen the cattle gates, ropes and pipes like in some centerfire positional matches.

Anyway, my tool-dip seemed ok at first, but lost most of any tackiness and is less supple than the original stuff. I really like what the Warehorse has sewn into the bottom.

I hate to try something else and mess up another $100 bag. I stay tuned once you guys get a chance to report on wet metal gates and the like.

Good thread thanks!

I have read of some people spraying the tool dip on, and then sprinkling some sand in it to add some traction. I have not tried that. When my plasti dip starts losing it's stickiness, I just spray on more.

By the time you buy a bag and the spray, you are better off getting a bag that does what you want. The physical design of the bag and the rubberized material can work together to make a huge difference--more than you may realize.

I goofed with rubberized material in all different shapes, similar to many of the bags out there.

Rover, I'll send you a piece of the material I use on my bags. And, I'll send you a bag to try for your feedback. PM me. See the material I am talking about on the page below.

www.thunderbirdlongrange.com
Looks like this thread is going to convince me to spend some money!