• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Adjust scope zero vs adjusting for POI shift

Ruger308

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2017
Hey guys,

Just curious if you guys adjust your scope each time you shoot suppressed vs unsuppressed or do you just leave the setting you usually shoot with (suppressed) and adjust/hold over when not suppressed?

Reason is, I just sighted in my new can for 100 yards and noted the elevation and windage settings. Then took the suppressor off (keymo mount) and shot a few unsuppressed and resighted in and made note of scope settings.

Then I reinstalled the suppressor, moved the scope to the windage and elevation I had previously and unfortunately, did not hit where I previously was. It was about an inch to the left, enough to kill a pig but still not sure why it didnt return to zero. I am guessing either a scope tracking issue (vortex crossfire 2)
or repeatability with the keymo.

So I was thinking of setting it for suppressed only and just "figuring it out" when I ever need to shoot unsuppressed.

What do you guys do?

I’d deal with the shift you saw first. Shouldn’t do that at all. Zero it suppressed, then remove/re-Install the suppressor between several shot groups to see if it repeats. If that works, shoot some more groups suppressed, and move/return the elevation/windage knobs between groups.

Reactions: WATERWALKER
Your gun works w/ out a can? Seriously, as mentioned above, zero w/ the can. I shoot 100% suppressed w/ a QD can & I have no issues w/ returning to zero.

Account for what your gun does w/ out the can & apply as necessary.

Last edited:
I zero suppressed and then account for the zero shift when unsuppressed hauling my ballistic solver. I’ve never had an issue with it coming back to zero but I’ve been using a tbac 338 ultra so I can’t speak to your suppressor.

Zero with it and then dont really run without it! Haven't had issues with zero on removal and reattach.

In the rare case I do, I just adjust to non suppressed zero with hold over/under.

Zero with it and then dont really run without it! Haven't had issues with zero on removal and reattach.

In the rare case I do, I just adjust to non suppressed zero with hold over/under.