AI or Atlas bi-pod for my AW?

medic103

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2005
Parkland, FL
www.facebook.com
I have an AW coming soon, and am torn between bi-pods. JasonK made a good point about the AI being kind of high compared to the Atlas. I shot an AW using the AI bi-pod last week, and it did seem kind of high. The owner also stated that when shooting it on concrete, sometimes the recoil unlocks the lever, causing one of the legs to come up. That might just be his, obviously. I like the cant feature of the AI, but I've never used the Atlas.

Any opinions from some members who have had both? I know everyone loves the Atlas, and I'm sure it's as awesome as everyone says. I'm just curious what people who have experience behind both think.

Thanks
David

Re: AI or Atlas bi-pod for my AW?

I have shot both alot. I have used an Atlas old version on a couple of rifles for a while. I like it alot. Mine had a couple of things I do not like, but I heard these have been mostly fixed with the V8 version. I need to send mine in for the upgrade, so I can try it out myself.

I bought an AW a few months ago and I have been using a borrowed AI pod. I really like it as well. The height doesn't bother me. It sits at a nice height for me. I really like how fast it is deploying. I never shoot off of concrete so I can't comment on what your buddy said.

All in all I like both a lot, but I am ordering a AI pod for my AW. I will use the Atlas on other rifles.

Hi David,

I have both an AI bipod & an ATLAS with AI Spigot.

The ATLAS is lighter, lower, & more convenient in all round use. The ability to lock it up solid or to tilt & pan is excellent. Kasey makes a great product, & his service is fantastic as well.

The AI bipod also does the job, there is just a better answer with the ATLAS.

Atlas V8 is a much better unit for your application. If you need them, you can also add the cleat feet and/or leg extensions that will allow it to fit almost any need you may have.
I use Harris BRMS (notched leg swivel) but only because I have used them for many years and am used to the system. Just add a Pod Lok and you're ready to rock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atlas V8 is a much better unit for your application. If you need them, you can also add the cleat feet and/or leg extensions that will allow it to fit almost any need you may have. </div></div>

That is one the features I did not like with my Atlas. When I got my clawed feet, whenever I would load the bipod the feet would roll up on edge and not dig into the ground at all.

From my experiance, if you are doing to do target shooting and most tactical matches / training, you would be best served by the Atlas V8 with the AI Spigot mount. It offers a lot more stability on most benches / concrete and barriers and offers a lot more adjustment options.

Now if you are running around in the hills and dirt and want something that is really loose (till you load up on it) and a bit faster to open and close, the AI bipod is great.

My suggestion would be to buy the Atlas V8 with the AI spigot mount first, if you don't like it, you can sell it really quickly, but I think you'll find it works very well for you.