• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Alternative to Polaris Ranger?

At some point, buying a wrecked Colorado and going to work on it with the plasma cutter makes sense:

1593438888340.jpg

I’d love to have a sxs, but I’m stuck with a lowly land cruiser and a Jeep Cherokee as my off the road (and on) vehicles.

Now that I dd a 3/4 ton 4 door the Jeep especially feels like a sxs. If you wanted a sxs on the cheap I’d say repurpose a former road vehicle. Seat covers, remove interior, drill holes in floor.

DAGOR is just as easily built and probably better. If I remember right, its basically a fabricated car ontop of a V6 Jeep Cherkoee frame/engine.

I believe that the DAGOR is a bit more extensive of a build than the GM Defense offering. It uses a COTS engine (Fiat-Chrysler, I believe), but the chassis and suspension are custom fabricated for that application. I wouldn't call it exotic by any means, but it's way fancier than any pickup truck. I also assume that the end product is more capable, and if anyone is offering test drives, count me in.