• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

America after Trump

D60F2840-752E-43A4-993F-0D7B64A1647C.gif

That is a worthless a apology that fails to take into consideration the complex system that is a society.

America is aservice industry society. Once we were a manufacturing society now we are a service industry society.

some eagerly wish we would go back to being a manufacturing society but like most things we forget, because Americans as a whole are horrible historians, and we forget why we “evolved” past that. We did t want the jobs that meant our peopleget hurt, we didn’t want the businesses that meant our land water and air became polluted, we did t want the jobs that to maintain profitability meant 12-16 hr shifts so what did we do, we found someone else willing to do it and to takethose risks

even when we talk about brining those jobs back it won’t be the same. We need a small fraction of the people to do the same work done in the 1950s. It’s like bringing coal back. Most of it is automated it’s not going to cause a real labor boom

so what happens in our country when things like AI take away the need for a significant % of service jobs. Once upon a time we needed most of the labor force in this country to work in agriculture to produce enough food for us. Now we need almost no one to produce even more food than we know what to do with.
One day the same issue will be in place with all of these service. We will have hopefully at that time explored alternate movement
Maybe, I can help you out a little with some of what you stated.
Sonic already addressed the "farm"
Quite nicely.
I've worked in a number of industries.
Farm when I was a kid.
Lumber yard.
Construction.
Railroad.
All that is inherently dangerous, and still is.
I focus on the coal industry and the railroad since you think it is insignificant.
We handle a lot of coal not just for the United States personal use,but also destined for other countries, helps offset international trade.
Example; coal train to Toledo docks 20 to 40,000+ tons gets loaded on freighters heading to Canada they brought in Iron ore we take iron ore back destined for Ashland Ky. Or other steel mills.
Also transport coal to docks both east and west coasts to China and other countries.
So yes coal industry is very important and more than just the miners jobs are at stake.
Grain form farmers, same deal.
Chemicals and petroleum products same.
Automotive parts and vehicles same.
Perishable fruits and vegetables from west coast to to east coast (refrigerated cars) very time sensitive.
Military equipment.
Kotex and toilet paper(highly important)
Lumber and building materials.
Steel and aluminum etc.
Shit that is almost impractical to ship otherwise.
Imports and exports are very important parts of the economy and you can't Just have a service industry
Alone it's a big concert.
As far as automation there's something called PTC (positive train control) in theory it keeps train from running into each other and possibly run without a crew, it might help but it's not perfect and if a train has issues it's not going to fix its self.

We lost a lot of industries, not because of what you stated other than government regulations, more to unfair international trade policies and agreements.

Maybe, I can help you out a little with some of what you stated.
Sonic already addressed the "farm"
Quite nicely.
I've worked in a number of industries.
Farm when I was a kid.
Lumber yard.
Construction.
Railroad.
All that is inherently dangerous, and still is.
I focus on the coal industry and the railroad since you think it is insignificant.
We handle a lot of coal not just for the United States personal use,but also destined for other countries, helps offset international trade.
Example; coal train to Toledo docks 20 to 40,000+ tons gets loaded on freighters heading to Canada they brought in Iron ore we take iron ore back destined for Ashland Ky. Or other steel mills.
Also transport coal to docks both east and west coasts to China and other countries.
So yes coal industry is very important and more than just the miners jobs are at stake.
Grain form farmers, same deal.
Chemicals and petroleum products same.
Automotive parts and vehicles same.
Perishable fruits and vegetables from west coast to to east coast (refrigerated cars) very time sensitive.
Military equipment.
Kotex and toilet paper(highly important)
Lumber and building materials.
Steel and aluminum etc.
Shit that is almost impractical to ship otherwise.
Imports and exports are very important parts of the economy and you can't Just have a service industry
Alone it's a big concert.
As far as automation there's something called PTC (positive train control) in theory it keeps train from running into each other and possibly run without a crew, it might help but it's not perfect and if a train has issues it's not going to fix its self.

We lost a lot of industries, not because of what you stated other than government regulations, more to unfair international trade policies and agreements.
We were practically loosing jobs and while accept more people into the country for job opportunities.